Bp is on the exciting journey transforming our traditional businesses to providing our customers increasingly more complex products supporting them on their path to a net zero future. We are seeking an experienced Capability Specialist to further develop commercial skills across bp.
Our customers vary widely from a steel producer, airline, car manufacturer or fleet owner wanting to move to electric vehicles. Working with customer facing teams across bp to create and deliver up-skilling and deep skilling activities
Collaborating with sales leaders you will develop insight on the sales and customer management skills needed for the future, guided by industrial, procurement and customer trends. Applying your learning and development expertise. Embracing the latest digital technology and learning solutions, you will approach creating and delivering engaging learning to our global external facing teams in a fresh and modern creative way. Inspiring them to change the way they interact, develop and sell new products and solutions.
What you’ll be able to do:
Experiences you’ll bring:
- Engage with Sales managers as a trusted advisor to fully understand their learning needs to steer and advise on the right learning activity. Including introducing and selecting new approaches and learning technology.
- Working across the bp business identify common areas where we need to develop new skills or upskill existing
- Lead a network / community of practice of sales leaders or representatives
- Handle relationships with external suppliers and consultants
- Operationalize the curation, design and maintenance of learning offers.
- In partnership with colleagues, develop the relevant learning matrix for each subject area.
- Several years’ experience in talent development - addressing employee & business capability needs building and deploying learning solutions; designing and delivering engaging ways of learning; supporting continuous improvement activity and organizational change.
- Experience of operating in an external facing environment gained in, for example, sales or customer service. Excellent performance consulting, relationship management and communication skills and a focus on delivering pragmatic learning solutions in response to business challenges.
- A passion for technology and helping customers achieve their goals and transitions to a low carbon world
- An ability to clearly link value to business results
- Experience of organizational change management and working in a matrixed organization.
- Active partnering with other skills leaders and learning managers to ensure alignment, standardization where applicable and quick identification of common needs across the business.
- Job specific competencies include: Solution scoping and prototyping; multi-modal delivery (Instructor Led Training, Virtual Instructor Led Training); collection, analysis, and synthesis of data.
In addition, it would be helpful to have:
A relevant honours degree, digital skills & ability to work with an agile mindset and methodologies, innovation in capability development, data management, proactive change agent, risk management.
If you think you have the right skills set and excited to be part of a team of diverse and forward-thinking team, apply today!
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.