Responsible for delivering accounting and reporting services, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our P&C Services & Solutions Team and advance your career as a
P&C Services is an internal global shared services organization, responsible for delivering centralized and standardized P&C Services for bp from several geographical delivery centers as appropriate for bp’s footprint. P&C Services is the first point of contact for People and Culture related matters; the team is policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best customer experience.In the role You will:
Lease Accounting SME (FA)!
We have the following requirements:
- Inventory Management Fixed Asset Accounting (w/o capitalization) and related guidance and support to other team members.
- Lease Accounting in Nakisa and SAP and related guidance and support to other team members.
- Processing of disposals incl. preparation of disposal journals and related guidance and support to other team members.
- Ensuring proper accounting treatment, particularly regarding fixed assets and lease management in SL, GL
- Period end close (monthly, quarterly, year-end) - transfer of assets under construction to add to fixed assets and lease
- Verification and handling of adjusting entries and transfers for capital expenditures.
- Screen and review inferior assets, preparation and booking of transfer posting documents
- Process depreciation in terms of local GAAP and IFRS with appropriate sense check and analyze upcoming deviations. Find respective resolutions.
- Ensuring that all asset movements are compliant with BP Policy & Authorities (Group Reporting Manual), local GAAP and IFRS,
- Ensuring compliance with „Component Accounting"
- Adhering to the tasks outlined in the QMS Systems of GBS
- A relevant degree with at least 7 years experience in the related Finance area
- Experiences with major projects (e.g.: system or process standardization) for the relevant finance area
- Local GAAP and IFRS skills
- Fluent English is required and a European language is nice to have (German, Spanish, Dutch)
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy, and good financial understanding
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self-confident appearance in relation to the internal and outside world
- Strong communication and cooperation skills to be able to drive process improvements across various teams
BP Hungary won the Most attractive employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!