Trading & Shipping (T&S) has one of the world’s most developed commodity trading business with its’ distinctive expertise in trading, optimizing flows, managing price risk and developing customer solutions.
Organized into Global Commodity books, T&S Global Oil has supply-trading teams in three regional hubs - Chicago, London and Singapore. As T&S continues to grow it’s SE Asian business, we are looking for an experienced Lights Originator/ Business Developer to join one of our existing Singapore based trading team.
We are looking for a Lights Originator to sit within BP Singapore Light Ends Oil Products bench, AsPac, focusing on such products as (gasoline, naphtha, LPG, Petchems + bio products).
Light ends oil products trading team, part of T&S Global Oil, is extremely dynamic and fast-paced team, active across all spectrum of light ends oil products (incl Bio) but inherently biased towards the short-term deals. Sustainable growth is enabled by the origination of new relationships and projects which have a medium to long time horizon.
You will be driving commercial strategy for the trading desk across multiple products, provide business development support, originate new relationship & deals. The role is primarily a deal origination and execution role, using your existing commercial expertise and network, along with physical and financial/risk management structuring expertise, to enable long term medium and long-term deal development
Reporting to the Commercial Manager & Head of Origination for Light end Oil Products bench, you will help drive SE Asian focused origination activity and execution to deliver business growth in a manner consistent with agreed strategy and optimizes available BP resources.
Lead the prospecting, origination and execution of new oil (light ends, biofuels, renewables, petrochemicals) opportunities across SE Asia, in support of T&S Lights Book.
- Work closely with the traders to define and shape the pipeline of new deals / prospects, coordinate with various internal finance & risk functions, external finance suppliers to provide innovative financial or commercial structures for customers.
- Grow existing SE Asia trade flow and generate new trade flow by originating long term structural positions consistent with Lights book strategy.
- Maintain & deepen the existing relationships with the suppliers & customers and be able to hold long terms strategic discussions with the Senior Management of the counterparties to maximise portfolio value
- Market existing T&S commodities/capability to customers across SE Asia with a view to growing BP’s footprint and trade-flows with long term partners
- Actively look for new opportunities/strategic relationships in growth geographies (Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, China, Middle East focus) .
- Drive the Bio & Low Carbon agenda for the Book by engaging early with the customers & suppliers to partner with them and help jointly reach the net Zero agenda.
- Develop and maintain relationships with SE Asian market, industry, customers, local and national government bodies, regulators and BP Leadership in a manner which positions BP IST as a partner of choice.
- Improve information flow to Global Commodity books and generate timely insights into local and regional trade flows.
- Work closely with the regional offices for sharing the info, joint complex projects to maximize value for the Book.
- Provide deal assurance by ensuring that relevant deal transaction structures, execution options, negotiating and relationship management tactics, risks, rewards and resources timing are considered, defined and appropriately evaluated. Internal interfaces include the trading benches, Commercial Development team, Structured Products /Derivatives teams, legal, compliance, M&A, specialists, Treasury and other BP Group business units.
- Make appropriate interventions to ensure deals and transactions deliver on both contractual intent and BP’s expectations.
Essential Education, Experience and Job Requirements:
- Degree in a business, commercial or engineering discipline
- Proven origination and deal delivery track record in Lights oil and or biofuels/petrochemicals trading ; experience in low carbon is a plus;
- Strong understanding of key SE Asian supply/demand centers trade flows and pricing structures Experience & knowledge in Refinery assets optimization;
- Strong entrepreneurial bias – ability and enthusiasm to identify and develop new business and deals independently (with support of wider team capability as required)
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining external relationships in core SE Asian markets, strong network of business contacts in existing field/market
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation/contracting skills
- Good understanding of end to end oil, biofuels, or petrochemicals supply chains including supply sources, end demand uses, logistics, and commercial structures
- Proficiency in any Asian language is a plus.