The Litigation Analyst is a role within the BPX Royalty Owner Relations team. The Analyst will be responsible for delivering responses to financial discovery requests in conjunction with the BPX Legal team; overseeing BPX’s statutory mineral lessor demand process; and managing high risk owner relations issues.
- Manage all Accounting, Revenue, and Control (“ARC”) litigation discovery requests, coordinating the retrieval of accounting data and ownership documents and analyzing and providing insights on such data.
- Serve as representative for ARC at meetings with BPX Legal and outside counsel to provide insight and analysis from an accounting perspective.
- Serve as a corporate representative in BPX legal proceedings.
- Manage BPX’s regulatory mineral lease demand process, tracking all statutory demands received, leading related cross-functional team meetings, and drafting responses in conjunction with BPX Legal.
- Review and manage any owner relations cases that are escalated for further review. Work cross-functionally with ARC and Land teams to resolve such owner inquiries and contact the owners with resolution.
- Identify “trending owner issues” and process deficiencies. Lead efforts to identify and resolve root causes.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities that will result in operational efficiency and improved performance for BPX Owner Relations and ARC.
- Provide overview of legal requests, statutory demands, and escalated owner inquiries to Royalty Owner Relations Manager on a regular basis.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 4-year accredited college degree, BBA or Energy Management degree preferred
- Juris Doctorate preferred
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- 5+ years of Oil & Gas experience in an accounting, land, or legal position.
- Strong understanding of oil and gas accounting as it relates to mineral owner payments.
- Basic understanding of litigation discovery processes.
- Ability to externally communicate with clarity and integrity as a representative of the company.
- Strong active listening skills along with deductive reasoning to understand and resolve issues.
- Excellent email and letter writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others by influence to achieve project goals.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and solutions.
- An empathetic listener, who can respond with respect and clarity to external stakeholders in high emotional situations.
- Experience with SAP accounting system.
- Experience with workflow ticketing products, such as Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience with document repository systems, such as OnBase.
- Excellent Microsoft Application skills.