People & Culture Services + Solutions (P&C S+S) is an internal global HR shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised HR services for bp from a number of geographical delivery centres as appropriate for bp’s footprint.
The Local Admin & Payroll Delivery SME is accountable for the payroll processing and local administration activities for local country entities. This role is responsible to ensure payroll is processed according to schedule and comply to local tax and statutory requirement. This role requires close collaboration with Country HR to ensure any legal, fiscal and regulatory changes or implementations are managed accordingly.
- Responsible for managing third party payroll vendor and acting as a liaison in resolution of payroll problems between vendor and BP.
- Provides operational support and inputs to local country Centre of Excellence (CoEs) teams on any update to employee’s compensation and benefits.
- Responsible for employee communication for any updates in relation to payroll and local statutory. This includes drafting the communication notes, getting the approval from Head of Country HR and Communication team before disseminating the communication to the targeted recipients.
- Responsible for ensuring the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) around the payroll process is constantly reviewed, updated and tested to ensure BCP readiness.
- Conducts annual tax review to ensure existing compensations are correctly mapped for tax reporting.
- Ensures proper documentation and compliance for internal controls and audits.
- Ensures accurate governmental reporting and compliance.
- Assist in planning and overseeing the daily activities of the team.
- Promotes collaboration and accountability to meet team goals.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and provide mentorship to the team members on day-to-day operations.
- Identify, analyse and improve existing process by recommending and implementing solutions in an innovate and logical manner
Education & Experience:
- A university degree or professional qualification, in human resources management or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline will be an added advantage
- Min 5 years of proven experience
- Proficient in both spoken and written English language
- Actively working to develop capability in line with the HR Capability Framework, with an equal blend of EQ, IQ and drive.
- Work on large number of simultaneous tasks many of which may have a local, national or global component and may require lateral thinking based on employee/business needs.
- Balancing responsive customer service standards with competing processing and compliance work in a busy, dynamic payroll environment.
- Keeping up to date with all Awards and payment instruments under an existing complex IR framework of agreements and Awards.
- Prior experience in HR Shared Service / service centre in a MNC organisation is preferable.
- Expertise in end-to-end payroll administration/processing incorporating the use of time and attendance systems.
- Ability to interpret Enterprise agreements and Award conditions.
- Expertise in general ledger reconciliation payroll postings and journal entry.
- Digital proficiency
- Adherent in meeting audit, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Risk Management – acts with high level of integrity and respect for data privacy. T
- Drives value-adding solutions
- External focus – Ability to analyse leading practice, market trends and benchmarking
- Relationship management – Ability to build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Business acumen & customer focus
- Solutions focus – seeks to identify solutions and make improvements to processes which will add value to the business and enhance ways of working.
Leadership & EQ Capability:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Group mind-set - demonstrates an understanding of the value of, and ability to develop, high quality, trust-based relationships with HR colleagues & with the wider organisation - leaders & employees.