Integrated with BU teams to identify and scope low carbon opportunities, as well as support BU delivery of GHG reduction targets. Very technical people who are focused on the aspects and details of projects in order for it to successfully implement. Collaborates with BU and Group on a range of LC&S projects ranging from carbon offset opportunities, flare reduction, reduction of venting and fugitive emissions, reduction of combustion, renewable power projects across BU and to drive completion and ultimate delivery. Evaluate technologies medium, and long-term projects.
- Support BU’s and seek opportunities to drive low carbon innovation
- Advise BU on low carbon reviews
- technical support and guidance to leadership, operations, and other businesses across bpx through technical analysis, scientific reviews, insights, and assessments to help shape and deliver bpx’s ambition and aims agenda inclusive of the methane agenda.
- Support the assessment, piloting, and deployment of methane detection, quantification, and reduction technologies
- Lead bpx representation in global external methane initiatives ensuring bpx suitably influences, guides and leverages learnings to align with internal goals or supports mitigation of risks therein
- Provide technical guidance and support to bp policy teams
- Provide technical assurance of methane data as used in GHG reporting and in internal and external publications
- Support the development and roll-out of methane training material to build awareness and methane capability across bpx
- Leveraging selective knowledge and learning from peers and others in a time efficient, constructive, and informative fashion
- Remaining connected and updated in a dynamically changing methane space – internally and externally
- Understanding and interpreting emerging methane risks to bpx ahead of regulations and changes
- Working effectively and efficiently across the wider bp methane team
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental, engineering, or science required.
- 7+ years environmental, engineering, or science experience in the oil & gas industry, including Onshore, Upstream Oil and Gas Operations;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong relevant industry experience with proven competencies in project management, environmental, low carbon and/or operations
- Deep technical expertise in carbon or methane management, or similar
- Proven track record of successful performance management and delivery of carbon or methane activities, or similar
- Proven ability to integrate delivery across multi-disciplinary teams and across internal organizational boundaries
- Excellent communication skills with experience in building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders and in reaching agreement on complex issues
- Ability to influence a variety of stakeholders and adapt approaches to generate buy-in from different audiences, internal and external to the company
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $88,909 - 120,510
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position. If you have recently been placed in a new role as part of Reinvent, you will need to attach line manager approval to your application for any position.
)We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program.