At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a team with varied strengths of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh opinion, ambition, and to challenge our thinking in our goal to achieve net zero!
The Warminster, Pennsylvania planning team is responsible crafting a safe achievable manufacturing schedule to meet customer demand and purchasing / scheduling materials in support of that schedule. MRP planners are responsible for scheduling production and purchasing assigned groups of materials and end to end order management. Planners will ensure seamless availability of materials capable of meeting demands for finished product and achieving goals of In Full – On Time shipment of customer orders.
This role will collaborate with all functions within the Supply Chain. Will routinely work with all plant personnel, as well as with personnel from other plants and on a Regional level through projects, regional teams, and regional initiatives.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining optimum inventories of bulk / non-bulk raw materials or packaging to meet scheduled production demands
- Review inventory levels daily to maintain accurate raw material and finished goods inventories
- Schedule finite weekly blending and filling process orders
- Review ATP checks
- Work closely with SNP to ensure alignment on stock requirements in weekly buckets.
- Manage the full P2P process for any assigned raw material or packaging items. This will include working with suppliers, operations personnel, central purchasing and AP to track late orders and resolve price or invoice discrepancies.
- Work with production to ensure raw materials are received and production schedule is achievable.
- Review inventory shortages and monitoring of RM in QC status.
- Back up other planners on the team.
- Contributes to the following Goals:
- Manages HSSE Agenda to Plan
- Customer Service Metrics (In-full On-time)
- Supplier Delivery Performance (Inbound raw material delivery)
- Production Schedule Adherence
- Rough Cut Capacity
- SOC (Safety Observation Conversation)
- QOC (Quality Observation Conversation)
- NCM Value
- Working Capital Value
Must have a minimum of a Degree or Certification in Inventory Control, Purchasing. Supply Chain Management or Materials Management or related field
APICS CPIM / CSCP certifications preferred
Crucial Experience and Job Requirements:
- 2 years manufacturing planning or purchasing planning experience, preferably with specific experience scheduling production with a diverse SKU mix
- Extensive knowledge of inventory control, materials management, material procurement, demand management / forecasting; vital for balancing problems created in meeting production demands
- Experience using purchasing and planning modules within SAP
- Must have well developed organizational and analytical skills coupled with the ability to determine solutions to daily problems by looking ahead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt / modify plans in response to changing circumstances.
- Must have MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Must follow HSSE policies and procedures: Ensures all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner while following detailed written procedures. Stays in sync with bp and OSHA standards.
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!