Accountable for leading contract resources to plan, schedule and execute one or more maintenance program activities (LOPC, Tank TAR, CUI/CUF and NCE), whilst assuring technical capabilities, reviewing and improving work management processes, and providing site-specific guidance on the best approach to ensure the safety, efficiency, and reliability of work performed.
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for health, safety, and environmental performance of all work across site to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment
- Ensures all individuals supporting Major Maintenance work comply with bp's Code of Conduct, models bp's Values & Behaviors and Safety Leadership Principles.
- Coordinate’s delivery of safe and efficient Major Maintenance activities for the designated area based on operating procedures, ensuring execution of the schedule/plan, supervising third party service providers as required, and managing the budget within delegation of financial authority, as required.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and management system requirements as they apply to maintenance activities, and verifies all permits for maintenance work whilst assuring that risk mitigation factors included in permits are followed.
- Supports defect elimination to prevent recurrence of equipment failures, and actively contributes to maximizing production uptime for assigned asset(s), through coordinating investigations and root cause failure analyses which lead to action plans for reliability improvement.
- Provides guidance to third party resources as part of the planning and scheduling process based on site/asset priorities to maximize efficiency of the team, as part of performance management and technical assurance.
- Accountable for communicating, addressing performance/risk management and resourcing, including capturing best practice and Continuous Improvements for contractors supporting Major Maintenance work
- Accountable to perform, monitor and respond to: KPIs (such as backlog and execution metrics), self-verification of the work management process and Non-Conformance Reporting (NCRs) for inclusion in Quarterly Performance Reviews as part of Contractor Management process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with 10 years relevant experience, or
- Associates degree with 8 years relevant experience, or
- Four (4) year college degree with 5 years relevant experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- 5+ years of leading planning, scheduling and execution in the Oil & Gas industry:
- Experience in safe and efficient work execution to typical oil and gas practices and procedures governing work management.
- Coordination of resources, materials, equipment, etc. required to execute work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
- Understanding of planning and scheduling resources based on priorities, planned man-hours and available resources (i.e. resource loading).
- Understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure and performance manage work.
- Experience in use of a computerized maintenance management system for planning and managing work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
Why join usAt bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Strong communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Minimum 1 year of SAP experience required
- Must be knowledgeable with use of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)