The ethos of Castrol’s long history has been to keep innovating and keep moving in industry, on the racetrack and on the road.
We are now seeking a Maintenance Engineer for our Spotswood Lubricants Plant. This position plays a key role within the maintenance team as 2IC to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager, assisting the engineering function to reduce the downtime of plant equipment, increase productivity and ensure HSSE requirements are met.
About the Role
• Act as a safety leader, maintaining a positive presence and advocate for safety.
• Develop predictive/preventative routines and breakdown maintenance activities
• Adhere to schedules for on time compliance of legal engineering activities.
• Continuous updating of engineering data and procedures
• Supporting team in execution of plant HSSE/Capex projects
• Monitoring and controlling repair and maintenance costs as per budget.
• Drive energy saving initiatives
• Engage and consult with contractors and staff on safety, operational improvement and implement solutions.
• Manage a team of in house and external maintenance contractors.
• Tertiary qualification (Engineering/Electrical Engineering preferred)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Maintenance Engineering or Project Engineering in a manufacturing plant environment.
• Knowledge in process safety, P&IDs
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis and problem-solving methodologies.
• Experience using computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
• Familiar with ISO9001 and ISO14001.
• Experienced in project management, planning and coordination.
• Leadership and people management skills.
What's in it for you?
• Excellent work-life balance
• Career development and mentoring programs
• Generous salary package including annual bonus program
• 12% superannuation, share options, and fuel discounts
• Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave/4 weeks paid partner leave
• Collaborative environment that celebrates achievements, diversity, and culture
Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.