Responsible for acting as a dedicated category resource, providing analyst support for category strategy development (category aligned) using sound category management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
bp is recruiting a new generation of leaders to reimagine energy for people and our planet. We want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives.
Our people in Finance-Procurement play an important role in bringing bp’s new purpose to life. Our global category management teams (supply facing teams) are responsible for reinventing our category strategies to pursue value opportunities and deliver on the bp aims. This includes a focus on sustainable purchasing, where we are working with our key suppliers to embed sustainable practices, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and increasing the circularity of what we buy.
The purpose of this role is to work as an integral member of the MRO supply facing team to systematically identify, codify and pursue opportunities to deliver value beyond cost. You will be empowered by the MRO Category Manager with strategic accountability for several sub-categories across the bp group. You will also be assigned several assets and/or regions to support with specialist category knowledge and expertise.
- Support the Procurement Manager in developing and driving transformation through a new category strategy.
- Embed sustainability into the heart of what we do.
- Identify opportunities and grow bp’s diverse supplier spend.
- Supervise sourcing in nominated sub-categories and provide guidance to sourcing teams in GBS.
- Support business customers with supplier escalation of issues and targeted supply chain interventions.
- Support the development and management of Global Agreements and prioritised Regional Agreements
- Work with bpSolutions to review global procurement data and draw actionable insights.
- Support MRO cost tracking, modelling and benchmarking
- Identify and develop new and innovative global sources of supply
- Identify and track value delivery.
- Support Category Strategy implementation activities in bp assets and regions.
- Ensure compliance to BP policies
- Provide category mentorship to regional contract negotiation and execution
- Support local supplier management activities and supplier performance escalations.
- Gather performance feedback of contractors for input to supplier performance reviews
- Drive improvements in demand planning.
- Support supplier qualification and bp AVL development/maintenance
- Support internal performance reviews in regions.
- Support 4PL oversight meetings, using data to drive targeted interventions to improve our On Time Delivery performance
- Experience in category strategy development and execution
- Cost and Value Management experience
- Experience in sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Supplier management experience
- Experience in SAP Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable
- Good working knowledge of P2P processes, and SAP system
- University degree in a technical or related equivalent business discipline
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment