The product manager will develop and lead the execution of the product and category strategy globally. The role will actively manage product life cycles and administration to ensure a focused and profitable portfolio. Will work closely with the offer managers, the brand manager, insights and pricing to develop and implement the product strategy. Also accountable for developing the innovation pipeline to underpin strategic goals across Marine & Energy to evolve the product portfolio.
- Agree product pricing strategy with pricing team and support all product category global price intervention
- Implement category framework and define product portfolio management rules consistently across the globe (working closely with technology)
- Maintain Product Data Sheets, the lubricant Oracle and all key reference materials for the category, ensure all materials across all media are up to date and relevant, inc OEM approval databases and TSE tools
- Develop and own a robust 5-year innovation pipeline underpinning the delivery of the strategic and brand goals and guiding the technology strategy jointly with ATP including OEM approvals
- Support annual planning process for products working with ATP, global marketing, CV & Industrial product managers, Sales and TSE teams
- Work with the GME sales & TSE teams, pricing, and technology to supervise and share product, competitor and technology and regulatory trends and insights
- Crafting a clear OEM approval plan, jointly developed with technology & TSE teams and establishing a differentiated, growing product portfolio
- Support GME Marketing review to share changes to product portfolio and updates to developments and embed product plans into the S&OP process to plan, implement and review product launches and measure product category performance.
- Feed into Offer Development & Innovation process and ensure relevant tools are kept accurate and updated
- A requirement to have Degree in technical area or equivalent experience and track record in product management in a technical and multi-sector environment.
- Previous experience of working in complex global organisations.
- Strong project management skills which will be critical to this role.
- Ability to successfully build enduring and positive relationships with senior level leaders from a broad range of business fields and management, this will also involve being responsible for the Offer Development and Innovation & stage Gate Process, translating Marketing Strategy into plans and market understanding.
At bp, we provide an outstanding environment and excellent benefits such as an open and expansive culture, an excellent work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others.
Please note this is a European based role.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now.