We recognise the importance of data as one of 3 key pillars for the Trading and Shipping of the Future. The Market Data Business Analyst is a key role to help drive commercial value and cost savings from the use of vendor data in our trading operations. This role will work closely with the T&S trading benches and commercial teams.
The role is focused on providing consultancy and advice to all T&S as well as expertise in market data content, delivery, expense and control. The position is also responsible for enhancing the value of market data by ensuring that users are getting the most from the products and services, (eg: ensuring all users are properly trained to take full advantage of the service, that the services in use are rationalized as well as challenging requirements and providing back up)
- Reviewing Cost Transparency Reports with the Business Managers / Desk Heads to help control and rationalize market data cost
- Creating a “value-added” bridge between the business managers and the market data organization.
- Provisioning new vendor data for trading desks and analytics teams
- Finding and delivering market data cost savings through optimising the mix of vendors and contracts
- Front line support to trading desks for trading and non-trading floor systems including Bloomberg, Eikon, TT, WebICE.
- Helping to build awareness of data
You will need:
- Hands-on market data trading floor experience.
- Strong working knowledge of markets, asset classes and their content requirements (e.g. Refined Products, Gas and Power Trading, Treasury Trading).
- Thorough understanding of trading and non-trading floor systems, including, but not limited to Bloomberg, Eikon, TT, WebICE, CME Direct and desktop applications
- Strong understanding of reference data, e.g., Bloomberg Data License, Refinitiv DSS, fundamental data, index constituent and weightings data, end-of-day pricing data, ratings agency data, and the primary fundamental and quantitative database applications that use this data.
- Good understanding of intellectual property and user provisions as it relates to data usage rights including exchange and vendor rules.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- A full understanding of all PRA’s and MOC Windows
- In-depth experience of MDM and a thorough understanding of RPM.
- To be able to work both collaboratively in a team and independently.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Education and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Market Data Analyst in a large data related trading business
- Demonstrable capability of financial modelling and basic analytics
- Full understanding of Market Data inventory systems
- A strong appreciation for how data is acquired across multiple industries
- Experience in the energy sector or financial markets is desirable but not mandatory
- An appreciation of data science & machine learning applications and the related data requirements
- Experience in SQL querying
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits