Responsible for providing strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management activities for the relevant category using advanced sourcing knowledge in order to execute against the strategy and annual plan for the category, participating in the supplier management process from initial selection to effective integration, and coordinating with the relevant areas on their sourcing requirements and expectations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Category manager to join our team!
You will play a pivotal role in leading capability in the retail technology category management to deliver relevant, value-adding category strategies to BP’s businesses!
This role will provide risk identification, mitigation and optimizing third party spend through dedicated specialist category strategy knowledge, gained through closeness to the industries we source from to build and implement strategies. Taking a collaborative approach with colleagues and the business to understand the priorities and requirements, introducing innovation and ensure category strategies and implementation align.
Supporting the global Customer Supply Team to help enable growth in the customer facing business areas and delivering value by ensuring compliance.
- Build strategies and communication content to ensure that category specific messages (such as risk, guidance, plans, compliance, and market insights) are optimally disseminated across the procurement organisation
- Manage the interface between category strategy development and implementation through working in partnership with the wider procurement teams and business leaders to provide advice and innovative solutions to the business by bringing in external knowledge to ensure the category strategy is informed with key dynamics and latest thinking within the field
- Work within the global category network to lead the development of new and innovative sources of supply, and working with the business interface organisation and help build understanding and support for new sources of supply in the business
- Lead supplier segmentation and execution of appropriate supplier performance approach, including: relationship management, contract management, performance reporting and the monitoring and management of escaped spend (Marketing, Retail Technology and Payments supply base)
- Ensure timeliness and quality of all contracts required for safe, compliant and reliable business operations i.e. implementation in the appropriate systems, category compliance, contract management and requisitioners training
- Act as the point of escalation for supplier/business relationships
- Development and delivery of annual plans for category and scope
- Accountable for value delivery tracking from the category strategy implementation.
- Responsible for the Value Delivery in the assigned category and scope, delivering through the procurement operating model within the Customer supply team
- Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations
- Ensure compliance to BP policies such as, risk management, delegation of authority and DP functional guidelines
- Proven experience in the relevant category – Retail technology and payments
- Commercial experience
- Experience in developing and executing category strategies
- Skilled Application in supplier management
- Solid understanding of P2P processes, and SAP system
- Experience in Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable
- Skilled in Commercial negotiation
- Confident Influencer at all levels within a business
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating in complex global organisational business structures
- Project management skills
- University degree in a technical or related equivalent business subject area
- MCIPS/ISM qualification is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job. Application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.