Responsible for ownership of midterm plans for 4 month-5 year time frame and ensures this evolution in terms of overall growth for the specific region within the US. Impacts is rolled up into the Commercial Business Management (CBM) process with appropriate granularity. This post-holder also works closely with Refinery Optimization/Midstream/Analytics/Strategy Interface teams and Commercial Development to progress medium to long term projects & integration with all businesses across bp (Ex: H2, EV, Renewable Fuels).
- Serve as the core interface between the Refining/Specialties, Product Solutions America, Commercial Logistics, Air bp, Mobility & Convenience America, and the Mid-Term Planning Team. Includes interaction with ROMs (Refining Optimization Management) P&O (Production & Operations) when appropriate.
- Actively participate in the development of mid-term plans for each US region which will include clear recommendations for future growth delivery and structuring alignment across key mid and long term projects.
- Determine what content is required from the CBM progress for feeding into the Integrated reviews & Management business reviews, in what format, by when
- Participate in any relevant “below the line” processes where optimization related initiatives are discussed throughout the CBM process
- Incorporate the three refinery BIPs and C&P (Customers & Products) 3 year Roadmap into CBM, including Gross Margin growth plans, Cost Reduction plans (or appropriate elements thereof) and Commercial Review Value Delivery
- Actively participate in the planning process by identifying and developing logistics and intermediate optimization opportunities between Refining sites and finding opportunities flagging those for discussion in CBM.
- Key Supply collaborate with T&S (Trading & Shipping) Analytics on the development of the planning price set & regional key data tracking that impacts mid-term plans
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in refinery planning/scheduling/optimization or supply and trading Required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Minimum 7 years of Refining or Supply experience - Recommended
- Deep understanding of refinery economics – Recommended
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment! We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!