Grade G is responsible for managing a team to support the delivery of a wide range of business activities, supporting the development and delivery of the relevant strategy, plans and performance, advancing the agenda by working closely with the Functions, providing business oversight and operational assurance, and ensuring that standards, policies and procedures are fit for purpose and working effectively.
The MyServices Manager leads the regional MyServices team in providing business process support to colleagues and partners in the global BP business.
The team provides critical front-line support to Accountants, Consolidation Unit Submitters responsible for data submissions, Group Accounts, Segment Reporting teams and the Balance Sheet Assurance (BSA) community. Across the finance solutions there are greater than 5,000 global users supported. This is a high-pressure customer facing role and the role holder must develop a very good working understanding of the solutions and end-to-end processes undertaken in finance.
Qualification & Experience and CompetenciesEssential Education and Experience
- Manage the team to provide functional user support to in-country and GBS centres, Finance & other Functions, Segment & MI teams and Group Accounts during the Month/Quarter end processes
- Lead the daily close meetings conducted for each workday of the World Class Close and ensure all issues and risks are clearly understood, prioritised, actioned by the appropriate parties, and brought to appropriate resolution
- Ensure the daily ticket review is conducted and that all critical tickets are identified each day, given immediate priority, and appropriate notifications are sent out to users.
- Frame the support for the finance data framework (FDF) to ensure sufficient and timely support and to give assurance that defined use cases are operable and understood
- Maintain FBW end-to-end close process documentation as a key input into the Enterprise Activity Model
- Manage the oversight of transactional data flows from source systems into Finance Business Warehouse (FBW) and through to the Business Consolidation System (BCS) solutions for Group and Statutory consolidation
- Manage communications to Submitters and Users related to close process, including but not limited to close instructions for each period, master data changes related to the Quarterly GRM updates, functionality changes due to enhancements or defect resolutions included in quarterly releases, High Priority incidents, and any other special instructions necessary to ensure the successful completion of each close cycle.
- Ensure team members have sufficient knowledge of the Harmonised Data Set and associated mapping structures to provide assurance of data integrity via monitoring of FBW data and associated data mappings
- Develop and maintain a team with sufficient knowledge to resolve 80% of issues / questions raised without the need for escalation to other parts of the organization
- Ensure effective time zone coverage through the availability of sufficient capable resources to cover all holidays and weekend work required to provide customer support through the critical workdays of each period end close
- University degree in a business or finance related discipline
- Accountancy qualification (e.g., CIMA, CPA, ACA, ACCA)
- Significant experience with SAP, BWs or other comparable financial systems
- Relevant work experience within the Finance team of a business, or relevant areas of the central Finance function.
- Knowledge of BP Segment MI, Group Reporting and Business Reporting processes, including error correction, financial validation, and automated business controls
- Comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end accounting close cycle
- Knowledge of S4 HANA and Data Lakes
- Excellent team player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to develop a high performing customer service team
- Understanding of General Ledger system transactional processing
- Formal customer service training.
- Experience leading a global services team
- Deep knowledge of SAP systems, especially BW, S4 Central Finance, BPC and BCS
- Experience with service ticket management processes and SLAs
- Knowledge of IFRS, SOX, with some understanding of other local statutory reporting requirements