Responsible for supporting product development through managing a portfolio of development/investigation projects involving the design and development of new products and test methods, using sound technical capabilities to report on and deliver specifications for products that have new or improved performance features or cost advantages, ensuring the delivery of key milestones.
Key Results/ Accountabilities
- To represent BP Lubricants at the technical departments of OEM and Tier 1 customers selected for business development under E Mobility (Driveline and thermal management Fluids). To provide access to, and develop relationship with, the technical departments of the OEMs/Tier 1s to gain insights, technical knowledge, and trends regarding current and future hardware, and to present BP's technical offer and capability to the customer.
- To gain advantage for BP through the relationships and reputation formed.
Experience & Expertise
- Develop and maintain the relationships with technical groups at target OEMs and Tier 1s (total 20); being the first point of contact at the working level and representing BP Lubes technology at the OEMs technical centres as well as for the applied science’s research and development teams on (appropriate) OEM trends, strategies etc., and viewed as the subject matter expert.
- Develop new relationships to specifically promote BP’s capabilities in Driveline and EV fluids and support new business development.
- Develop insights into the OEM’s needs and proactively find opportunities to work with the OEM’s in support of the BP lubricants business strategy into e Mobility.
- Communicating technical data to the OEMs to support an ongoing technical dialogue and to support product approval applications.
- Support the BP approval process to make sure that the required approvals can be achieved according to agreed landmarks.
- Represent BP as an external industry liaison including presenting Driveline and EV fluids capabilities at Industry Conferences and Customer Events.
- Develop lubricant technology offers in conjunction with the responsible Applied Science development teams and support the BP businesses and be able to strongly influence the OEM to engage in such technology offers.
- Collaborate closely with various cross-functional teams (global Driveline Liaison, regional technology, regional marketing, regional business) to make sure that BP’s product range is compliant to OEM’s and BP’s integrity rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field
- In-depth understanding of the automotive industry, especially about NEV vehicle and driveline OEMs
- Strong interpersonal skills to build trust and collaborations with development partners
- Proven track record in delivering projects that involve both external and internal customers
- Knowledge in lubricants application, formulation and production
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to working
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide evidence of designing novel work programs
- Proficient English and Chinese, preferably German
- Proven experience in Lubricants, Additives or Automotive/battery industries would be helpful.
- Good knowledge of automotive, battery and/or systems engineering.