The Operating Management System (OMS) and Self-Verification (SV) Advisor provides connectivity for the site with the OMS and SV processes from within the HSE&C team. Strategically, this role participates in OMS and SV processes to ensure conformance with regulations and Group practices. They provide advice, direct support, and mentoring regarding the systems approach to managing our operation. The overall goal is to promote understanding of the systems that allow for complete implementation, with sustainability. The role directly supports and conducts audits to meet our regulations and requirements, and aids in annotating identified gaps against our vetted systems. Collaboration with other entities within the Group supports our ability to generate audits reports for senior management and enable gap closure plans to systematically eliminate our risks and strengthen our risk barriers.
- Lead the implementation of the Operating Management System (OMS) to maintain conformance for the priority elements of the OMS system at the Cherry Point Refinery.
- Engages the refinery extended leadership team to support Self Verification (SV) auditing activities throughout the business to assure that operational requirements are being met.
- Provides high level accounting of the site OMS barriers and element health to the refinery leadership team, advising of noted changes and level of conformance by organizing regular management reviews.
- Aid in navigating the Performance Improvement Cycle (PIC) and OMS compliance when interacting with OMS element owners and gatekeepers.
- Update and maintain the Local Operating Management System (LOMS) documents and links, in line with controlled document policies.
- Monitor the annual action plans, site improvement plan (SIP), and business improvement plan (BIP).
- Aligns activities with the relevant business areas and stakeholders to drive SV events.
- Mentors SV teams and takes/leads SV as directed.
- Regularly reports status of SV activities.
- Coordinates the Health, Safety, Environment and Carbon (HSE&C) relevant Group Audit activities within the refinery and supports the local business in preparing, executing and follow up of audits if needed. Also, responsible for the action closure process of Group Audit actions and reports status to HSE&C Management.
- Collaborates with the central bp HSE&C OMS & SV Advisors to establish best practice
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field required, (preferences towards technical/legal disciplines).
- 9 years manufacturing experience, variety of roles to best demonstrate the multi-discipline challenges when supporting the site including compliance experience; preferably in oil/gas conforming to OSHA, WISHA, EPA standards.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This role works collaboratively and must form strong working relationships across the refinery and the greater bp Production and Operations structure.
- Experience with management systems, e.g. OMS
- Ability to work self-directed and identify activities in support of overall goals.
- 4 years minimum supporting Process Safety, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Projects, Safety, Environmental or Incident Management disciplines at a manufacturing or oil/gas facility.
Desirable criteria are those that may enable the candidate to perform better or require a shorter familiarization period. During the selection process evidence should be sought to gain an understanding of the extent to which candidates who satisfied the minimum criteria demonstrate the desired criteria for the role. This evidence will then allow differentiation between the candidates and form the basis for selection.
- Operational experience in Safety and Environmental disciplines
- Project management and process management experience.
- Experience conducting audits
- Experience collaborating cross functionally on the creation of gap closure plans with salaried professionals.
- Experience leading or participating in incident investigations and knowledge of incident reporting tools.
- Demonstrated safety culture mindset: Learns why mistakes occur and responds supportively.