Responsible for providing financial control, consultancy support, management information and performance reporting using sound technical capabilities and supporting various initiatives to improve the effectiveness of financial controls in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
Purpose of Role:
- To monitor the performance of GBS (Global Business Services) China finance, drive continuous improvement and digitalization mainly in areas including process compliance and efficiency, customer experience, and accuracy of outputs.
- Make sure the knowledge database is documented and processes are monitored. Engage with other department/business units on process change management and efficiency improvement.
- Support core internal Control Activity across GBS, specifically the assessment of risks related to the business or process changes against the existing GBS internal Control framework. Specifically, this role will assess specific processes related to key business changes for potential risks and control breaks and provide risk assessments and mitigations against the risks identified.
- Define and coordinate the delivery of the process improvement roadmap for GBS China with consultation of GBS China lead and other GBS stakeholders.
- Undertaking detailed reviews of the performance of GBS China finance, recommending opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness. Provide insightful commentary to GBS China finance performance reporting. Responsible for process incident investigation and remediation.
- Collaborate with external benchmarking agencies and/or Global Business Service centres to conduct benchmarking exercises, measuring the performance of the team/processes against industry or BP benchmarks, and implementing opportunities for best practise. Drive the digitalization and process optimisation in collaboration with global GBS team and business partners.
- Ensure knowledge database and process are well documented and updated.
- Promote continuous improvements for GBS China finance team. Provide training basics and assessment tool for leaders and promote a can do culture.
- Identify and develop technology opportunities appropriate to the business including assisting with implementation as required. Maintain relationship with system support staff to influence inclusion of change requests.
- Monitor the development and maintenance of Service Level Agreements and work with leaders to ensure the accuracy and completeness. Facilitate teamwork and sharing of best practice across the team and wider GBS.
- Support on compliance with all relevant HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, Environment) principles across the team.
- Support any Internal / External audits as required
- Provide Risk assessments on all new processes across each identified process towers
- Support the process leads to provide recommendations and mitigations to the identified risks as assessed against the key Control Framework.
- Manage KI and the PI process locally for incidents impacting GBS China.
Experience (Technical and Professional)
- Tertiary qualification in business or relevant work experience.
- Finance related qualifications are preferable.
- Strong leadership capability and ability to engage, motivate and bring along people
- Self motivated, excellent organisational / time management / analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Proven relationship and stakeholder management
- Previous experience in planning and monitoring projects
- Advanced IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Visual, etc.
- SQL abilities (desirable)
- Database skills
- SAP (desirable)