Our mission is to bring together veterans, energy, and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
We recognize that veterans bring the values, behaviors, and skills that will help us as we pivot to being an integrated energy company focused on delivering solutions for customers. We believe that veterans will help lead the charge as we continue to strive for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes, and closer teamwork across our company and beyond.
Benefits exclusive to veterans:
- Credit for military service when calculating vacation time
- Differential pay for Reserve/Guard service to keep pay “whole” when on orders
- Veteran mentor for transitioning military members
- Robust active Veteran’s business resource group that continues to serve military/veteran communities internally and externally
bp America is a 2015 recipient of the Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award and a 2021 recipient of the Extraordinary Employer Support Award from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) and 2021 recipient of the Student Veterans of America Partner of the Year award.
bp Trading & Shipping:
Trading & Shipping moves energy through pipelines and by ship, truck and rail, and trades everything from our energy commodities to derivatives and currencies. It’s a place where talent, team collaboration and an encouraging environment come together to make it an outstanding area to build a successful career!
Operations Services Representative
- Ensure 100% of BP’s equity gas available for sale moves to market
- Monitor gas production daily to ensure contractual obligations are met while enhancing BP’s value
- Effectively handle gas imbalances at the wellhead, gathering system and pipeline interconnects
- Provide accurate and timely communications daily with field operations, midstream marketing, gathering companies and trade floor staff to ensure correct volumes are sold and scheduled
- Handle the nomination process for gathered and purchased volumes with pipelines, producers, shippers and plants
- Provide weekend coverage (rotation) to ensure all gas gets to market
- Provide monthly flow assurance and imbalance reporting
- Coordinate resolution of production shortfall/overage to achieve flow targets
- Assist BPX accounting with questions regarding wellhead balancing, allocations on shipper statements and ownership changes in wells
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all collaborators (upstream partners, field personnel, operators, gathering companies, pipelines, trading, etc.)
- Cross train across areas to ensure appropriate coverage for all areas
- Producer Services (agency activity with various producers)
- Schedule wellhead production through gathering systems on behalf of producers
- Redirect gas flow as needed based on pipeline or plant outages to maintain flow assurance
- Lead pipeline and plant imbalances on behalf of producers
- Manage FT transport on behalf of producers
- Ensure all nominations are pathed and balanced daily in Endur for day ahead flow as well as prior day flow
- Meet world class close deadline with the latest scheduled volumes available
- Actively practice BP’s Values and Behaviors
- Must have current or prior military service in the US armed forces
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide rotational coverage on weekends
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel (ability to create and use formulas etc.)
- Previous oil and gas industry experience a plus, particularly knowledge of gas market
Why Join Us:
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. We are committed to the veteran and military communities through our partnership with the Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) to bringing its iconic red, white and blue retail stations to dozens of bases across the eastern US.
Our values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage, and One Team align well with the values and behaviors of America’s Veterans.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!