At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a team with varied strengths of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh opinion, ambition, and to challenge our thinking in our goal to achieve net zero!
We are searching for an innovative Operations technician to join our team and ensure quality products are delivered on time. The Operations Technician will be responsible for supervising control processes, diagnosing and resolving problems with products, methods, and equipment, and providing general support to the day-to-day plant operations.
As a member of the Operations team, based in Port Allen, Louisiana, the Operations Technician will work closely with our Process and Production teams to support various opportunities across the plant, including depalletizer, forklift & empty bottles, cartons & back-end production, and grind deck & process. Technicians work within a team-based environment and provide both internal and external customers valuable products and services.
This role is temporary one year assignment with an opportunity to join as a full-time bp hire at the end of the contract period, based on prior performance. This role is also sign-on bonus eligible.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety, quality, environmental compliance and meets the standards of bp OMS
- Loads, unloads, moves, stacks, and stages product using a forklift or other powered equipment
- Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped while meeting all quality standards
- Helps to endure accuracy of run tickets
- Respond to equipment breakdowns and participate in incident investigations to determine root cause
- Advises management and/or team members of abnormal conditions, supporting root cause failure analysis and developing a solution
- Willingness to “flow-to-the-work” to support and help the team partners in their daily job duties
- Serves as a safety leader by attending and participating in all safety meetings, as well as watch for the well-being of peers
- Effectively follow all qualified unit and company rules, guidelines, and health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) practices and procedures
- Follows bp’s Code of Conduct and models bp’s Values & Behaviors
Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or G.E.D. required
Crucial Experience and Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of production equipment and at least 2 years’ experience in manufacturing is preferred or Military experience
- Packaging machine operation and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Can work sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Job requires frequent walking, bending, lifting, and twisting
- Must be willing and able to work in various locations, both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures
- Must be Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) eligible as required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA)
- Problem-solving mentality
- Great attention to detail and observation skills related to machine operation and outgoing package quality
- Analytical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive outlook and willingness to work overtime when required
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!