Responsible for providing customer service support to help to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, providing a communicative link between our products/services and our customers and maintaining an accurate understanding of the customer's needs and expectations.
The OM Specialist is expected to ensure customer order is compliant with brand offer before order placement, and keep customer appraised of the delivery progress (i.e. changes to vessel ETA and nominated port, product shortages, out of hours incidents, spot price enquiries etc). Therefore, the role requires:
- deep understanding of customer service processes, and demonstration of customer service and ownership mindset; and,
- understanding of complexities in the shipping, marine and energy market, and its global supply network.
- Manage the complex relationship between supplier, customer and sales manager, be the primary point of contact for customers, communicate with Customer purchase staff, Chief Engineers/ Ship Captain, Sales Managers and Supply / Logistics staff anywhere in the world with excellent communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Execute day to day customer service related operational tasks including receiving enquiries and orders from customers by phone, email and fax, ensuring all necessary information is collected and promptly acknowledged and that the order meets the business/customer expectations.
- Proactively provide guidance to customer on the most appropriate vessel ports from which to get their supplies, challenging out of offer orders e.g. late notice, building small orders etc. and generally optimising lifting’s to suit both the company and the customer.
- Take prompt corrective action to deal with unforeseen circumstances, e.g. change in ship’s ETA, product contamination, change in delivery transport or unavailability of product. If necessary, advise customer on alternate port options and seek technical advice if appropriate before recommending alternate product.
- Check that the order value is within the customer authorised credit limits and policies. Ensure violations are progressed with Sales /Credit Management to a satisfactory conclusion and keep customer advised.
- Build up knowledge and competencies in the shipping industry. Help train customer in the use of DMS/PSD, gather market intelligence and seek additional volume and/or opportunities to introduce new products.
- Operate the Total Lubes Management (TLM) service if required. The OM must have the ability, knowledge and confidence to recommend vessel order point and quantities and the credibility to justify decisions to customer.
- Ensure efficient use of relevant systems (Manta, SAP) for production of correct invoices, including order amendments as well as proactive focus on clearing suspense and timely dispatch of invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of minimum 36 months in customer service, in a telephone environment and/or Global Business Center environment is requirement
- Must demonstrate excellence understanding of customers’ needs / behaviours and also customer specific requirements
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships
- Strong understanding of end to end order to cash process included
- Strong time management, organisation and solving skills
- Highly motivated, self-reliant and proactive mindset
- Experience using SAP and/or Siebel/Salesforce and MS Office application
- Senior stakeholder management skills