Responsible for delivering the people plan that enables the business to achieve its goals, providing people & culture support for a broad spectrum of people & culture activities based on experience in this field and ensuring consistent and effective delivery of people & culture initiatives and projects in line with local legislation, BP policy and best practice. May serve as a squad leader to deliver people & culture project deliverables.
- Partners with other agile pooled resources to execute acitivty prioritized by regional consulting lead
- Develops a deep understanding of the business they support and focuses on driving and delivering organisational change initiatives as appropriate.
- Partners closely with non-agile business partners and regional consulting leads to agree and define product outcomes/what success looks like for agile project deliverables
- Delivers people & culture advisory support to leaders in an agile team and may facilitate resolution of everyday queries and coaching to drive engagement, pre-empting and resolving employee relations (ER) cases and ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a foundation of the business people plan and supported throughout all people management activity.
- Partners with non-agile business partners and other pooled resources to drive talent management intiatives for the business they support, enabling people to build the capabilities our business values, and ensuring implementation of focused talent management processes that are aligned to business priorities and objectives, monitoring their impact on organisational effectiveness.
- Enables a compliant and high-performance culture through aligned performance management, reward and recognition frameworks, managing the delivery of integrated reward/recognition solutions to the business and overseeing the annual reward process.
- Leverages best practices and identifies efficiencies and opportutnies for synergies across entities based on deep experience delivering agile projects across a variety of businesses across bp
- Leverages agile methodologies to maxmize value to end customer (non-agile business partners, business leaders, and employees
- Deploys to cross-functional/cross- P&C agile projects
- Ensures personal and team compliance with the function's safety and ethics rules and processes, follows procedures, and provides an exemplary display of BP's Values & Behaviours.
Essential Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other relevant field.
- Requires at least 5-7 years experience experience in Human Resources.
- Proven capability and experience in talent management, ER, change management, and organisational development,
- Demonstrated leadership capability with the ability to build capability, coach and drive high performance,
- Track record of effective partnering,
- Demonstrated ability to apply business acumen and link value to business results, experience of organisational change management and working in a matrixed organization
- Working knowledge of local labor legislation and regulations
- Advanced/Master's degree in Human Resources or MBA, experience working with agile methodologies (scrum, kanban, design thinking, etc.); professional certification(s) in Human Resources