At bp, we’re striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable and affordable energy. That means crafting a more efficient business that makes the best possible use of all its resources, reimagines energy and reinvents who we are on our mission of net zero! Ensuring that we attract, employ and retain the right talent is a critical part of getting there.
About the opportunity:
We are now looking for a P&C Consultant, who will be responsible for supporting employees and line managers within one of bp’s businesses, defining and delivering the people plan that enables the business to achieve its goals, with engaged, high-performing teams.
In this role, as the successful candidate, you will have the great opportunity to provide P&C support for a broad spectrum of activities based on advanced experience in this field and skilled judgement, ensuring consistent and effective delivery of P&C initiatives and projects in line with local legislation, bp policy and best practice.
You will operate as a member of a business leadership team acting as a strategic business partner providing business driven insights to support decision making and determine appropriate global / business wide interventions. You will also act as coach to that team, and a champion for team effectiveness, values & behaviours and leadership expectations.
About the team:
This role supports the global procurement organisation, encompassing a global team of 650 employees.
The procurement team is one of the largest within the bp Finance entity and hence provides the opportunity for you to engage in P&C partnering activity along truly global dimensions. The majority of the procurement leadership team are based in the UK and this role will interact extensively with this team.
The SVP procurement is a passionate advocate of the people & culture agenda and looks to the P&C team to provide strategic direction to this sub-entity aligned with the global bp P&C strategy. Global procurement has a considerable change and transformation ambition; and often operates as first mover / pilot for many of the people & culture strategic shifts within bp.
At bp our P&C business partners are an integrated discipline. Movement between businesses, teams, and projects, takes place flexibly based on business need, activity flow, and each partner’s development needs and readiness for new experiences. We aim to provide broad growth opportunities in both standard partnering roles, and project delivery. This role may be placed to support any of bp’s exciting business entities.
About the role:
In more detail, some of your key accountabilities will be to:
Right people, right place, right time
- Deliver reliable, compliant, and secure HR operations in support of the business
- Ensure health, safety & duty of care for our people
- Provide analytics and insights to make robust people and business decisions
- Provide business facing HR consultation and advice to senior leadership and may facilitate resolution of everyday queries and coaching to drive engagement, pre-empting and resolving employee relations (ER) cases, and ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a foundation of the P&C people plan and supported throughout all people management activity
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and the people they support
- Partner closely with other P&C advisors and Centres of Expertise to agree and define product outcomes, and activity prioritization, employee development, performance management, coaching, etc.
- Leverage best practices and identifies efficiencies and opportunities for synergies by connecting across P&C teams
- Ensure personal and team compliance with the function's safety and ethics rules and processes, follows procedures, and provide an exemplary display of bp's Values & Behaviours
Environments where people & performance thrive
- Create & sustain an effective organisation to support delivery of business strategy, and focuses on driving and delivering organisational change initiatives as appropriate
- Support the Talent Acquisition team to attract, select and retain the right people from the internal and external market, demonstrating our compelling employer brand
- Support the development of a strategic talent plan for the business, working in partnership with the talent team to ensure it is aligned to business strategy and taking into account the external environment
- Drive talent management initiatives, enabling people to build the capabilities our business values
- Enable a compliant and high-performance culture through aligned performance management, reward and recognition frameworks, managing the delivery of integrated solutions to the business and overseeing the ongoing and annual reward processes
- Drive engagement with our people from their very first interaction with bp
- Leverage agile methodologies to maximize value to end customer (business leaders and employees)
- Partnering with the business & coaching for success
- Proactive talent management & ER
- Delivering value through agile work practices & digitally enabled
- Willingness to challenge established practices and offer new solutions if needed
- Great communication skills and the ability to influence key senior stakeholders
You will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other relevant field.
It would be essential that you have:
- Extensive experience in Human Resources
- Proven capability and experience in strategic talent management, ER, change management, and organisational development
- Strong leadership capability and a role-model of best practices in building capability, coaching and driving high performance
- Track record of effective strategic partnering and executive level coaching, with demonstrated ability to apply business acumen and clearly link value to business results
- Experience with organisational change, working in a matrixed organization and working knowledge of local labor legislation and regulations
It would also be useful that you have:
Why join our team?
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Professional certification(s) in Human Resources
- MBA or Master’s degree relevant for Human Resources
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.