Responsible for defining and delivering the people plan that enables the business to achieve its goals, managing a team to provide HR support for a broad spectrum of HR activities and ensuring consistent and effective delivery of HR initiatives and projects in line with local legislation, BP policy and best practice.
- Operate as a flexible partnering team that can shift focus based on agreed priorities
- Demonstrate agile methodologies to maximize value for business and our people
- Member of business and/or project squads
- Supports and guides the development of Consulting team members, ensuring they have the capability required to deliver on priorities, and the time needed to focus on their own development
- Coaches team members to solve challenges, remove blockers, and work in increasingly agile ways
When working in a business squad:
Develops a deep understanding of the business and focuses on driving and delivering organisational change initiatives as appropriate.
Act as a strategic business partner providing business driven insights to support decision making
Drives delivery of agreed people priorities through the self-organised team
Delivers people & culture advisory support to senior leaders and responds to employee concerns in partnership with embedded partner
Provides and interprets people data insights in support of agreed priorities
Interprets site/location specific P&C policies and processes
In countries or sites where not performed by the employee/line manager directly with services & solutions: handles people data, provides people reports to the business, actions changes to P&C systems, supports embedded partner in administration of local legislative requirements, responds to P&C policy and Reward questions
Provides day-to-day direction as squad lead/product owner
When working in a project squad:
Puts the customer and business strategy at the heart of decision making. Ability to guide leaders through choices to the best suit business requirements
Delivers the defined products in sprint cycles in accordance with working agreements as defined by that self-organizing squad.
Builds trust quickly with other members of the squad (CoE’s, Serves & Solutions, Business Leaders)
Increases own agile knowledge and practices as well as being comfortable to learn through doing, supported by a growth attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or similar with experience of working in a matrixed organization
- Customer focus – Puts the customer and business strategy at the heart of decision making. Ability to guide leaders through choices to best suit business requirements
- Cultural fluency - able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity
- Shown experience showcasing critical thinking and application (thinking with foresight – getting up on the balcony)
- Breadth and depth across P&C (see point below) and able to provide professional advice and coach to others in most of the areas
- Deep experience in leadership development and coaching, reward, talent management, performance management, recruitment and selection, on-boarding and off-boarding i.e. all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Strong experience of employment law, P&C standard methodology and employee/industrial relations
- Strong experience in leading organisational change programs and organisational design experience
- Project lead experience, ideally in an Agile environment
- Analytical thinking – comfortable using analytics to identify outcomes and influence decision making; e.g. ER strategies, targeted retention, succession planning & strategic workforce shaping
- Digital fluency - not only comfortable and competent using technology to enable and enhance ways of working and thinking, also comfortable in the wider digital environment and the work with business transformation including people, processes and data driven actions.
- Excellent teammate, ability to quickly build links across a broad spectrum of teams
- Thrives in ambiguity and can change direction based on insights
- Focused on learning, seeks feedback and invites difference of opinion
- Externally orientated – actively working on developing external connections, aware of standard methodology and actively learns from others