In this role you will be a strategic HR business partner and cluster lead for Netherlands, Belgium, France and Luxembourg on employee and industrial relations topics.
This position is office based at our central Dutch BP office near our BP Refinery - Europoort Rotterdam. Candidates must be in the possession of transport towards our location. The location can't be reached by public transportation.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role, you will:
Join our team as a P&C (People & Culture) Senior Projects Consultant
We have the following requirements:
- Be a strategic business partner and SME for region (Netherlands, Belgium, France, Luxembourg) on employee and industrial relation (ER/IR) matters.
- Develop and deliver a business & commercial focused ER/IR strategy that meets stakeholder needs.
- Provide guidance in the use of ER/IR strategy tools and frameworks.
- Support in country negotiations and consultation with any formal union, works council or employee representative to meet strategic objectives.
- Lead on the employee relations aspects of proposed changes to organization structure and employment levels and contracts.
- Manage the people aspects of any restructures within the organization (including mergers, acquisitions) including severance schemes strategy within timescales and budget.
- Assess options to simplify and harmonize European ER/IR approaches.
- Provide training and advice to all parts of business, including senior managers to ensure the appropriate management of all employee and industrial relations issues, including projects, transfer of undertaking and change management.
- Drive European projects regarding policies and implementations together with regional or national P&C leads using support from local law firm network.
- Harmonize internal policies and ensure fair and equal application.
- Support development of global ER/IR capability structure and deliver best practice ER/IR training to support global P&C capability.
- Provide coaching and support to line advisors and P&C staff for employee relations matters.
- Deliver timely and effective communication of ER information to the P&C community and bp functional partners.
- Give labor law related support and be responsible for legal updates / law reviews.
- Identify and implement positive employee relations programs, in consultation with the relevant partner groups.
- Propose local bp policies related with ER/IR and advice on any corporate policy implementation.
- Own and maintain policies to assure legal and regulatory compliance and market competitiveness.
- Track ER metrics to identify and recommend responses to trends and issues.
- Act as an advising partner for business / employer representatives in EWC.
- Assess and prepare EWC consultation documents.
- Foster positive employee relations through creating an environment for listening and two-way communication.
- Min. Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in HR.
- Strong experience in employee/industrial relations roles in multinational companies with a complex ER/IR environment and proven track record in international projects.
- Fluency in English and Dutch. French is an advantage.
- Proven capability and experience in employee relations, organizational change and development including driving negotiations, implement significant changes e.g. organizational restructuring.
- Excellent knowledge of local labor legislation and regulations especially in the Netherlands.
- Solid experience dealing with complex labor law related issues.
- Track record of effective strategic partnering and executive level coaching.
- Commercial attitude, understanding business needs.
- Ability to partner and build positive relations with senior leaders, line management, unions, works councils and employee groups.
- Communicate effectively with all of levels and businesses.
- Comfortable and competent using technology to enable and enhance ways of working.
- Cultural fluency – able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.