Responsible for managing an HR Services team ensuring excellence in service delivery which may include ensuring effective employee query and problem/escalation resolution, resolving complex queries and problems raised by the customer, providing expertise on process and policy applicability or providing advice and guidance on reporting content and the reporting processes.
Standardization of HR Operational Process and Guidelines
- Supervise and guide the HR operations team regarding the process, policies, social insurance related regulations in daily operations;
- Build strong relationship with key internal clients and peer functions, e.g. business facing HR team, tax, legal and finance team, to ensure obtain support to allow efficient HR Operations delivery;
- Manage the quality and accuracy in all key operational deliveries, e.g. payroll, IIT reporting and filing, benefits services and staff movement records, etc.
- Establish the peer-review to ensure accuracy in delivery, and backup mechanism among team members for business continuity in crisis;
HRIS Systems management and improvement
- Ensure smooth running and upgrade of HRIS systems - act as the project manager for China to ensure the group ops system deployment; address any issues/changes required as country SME;
- Ensure accurate and complete data management throughout the employment life cycle (on-boarding, transfers, absence, exit etc).
Continuous improvement of the service
- Identify and prioritize the improvement areas based on regular team self-assessment and clients’ feedback
- Lead the continuous improvement projects in HR Operations service, procedures and HRIS systems according to the agreed improvement plans;
- Ensure data privacy standards and other internal and external data related regulations are followed;
- Manage the team performance to ensure services are delivered according to the priorities set every year.
Team management and capability improvement
- Motivate, coach and develop the team’s overall capability.
- Implement training on HR compliance matters e.g. data privacy, Code of Conduct, retention policy of HR records, etc.
- Manage the service quality and SLA with service providers, e.g. vetting firm, FESCO, Ping An, Hua Bao, long service award provider, ADP for payroll, etc.
C4C project Support
- Provide support to central project team in the design phase and act as P&C SPA for the new system roll-out
- Ensures personal and team compliance with the function's safety and ethics rules and processes, follows procedures, and provides an exemplary display of BP's Values & Behaviours.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other relevant field.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
Usually requires at least 5 years’ experience in corporate HR operations function. Knowledge of China payroll, HRIS, tax and social security systems, China Employment Law and Employee Contract Law.
Experience of managing a team. Experience working with agile methodologies (scrum, kanban, design thinking, etc.
Professional certification(s) in Human Resources