Services & Solutions is an internal global HR shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised HR services for bp from a number of geographical delivery centres. Services & Solutions - People Care Advisors are the first point of contact for HR related matters; the team are policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best experience.
The purpose of this role is to support bp colleagues in navigating people and culture digital applications, resolving technical application issues and to develop insights that can be used to improve the people and culture digital experience.
Essential Education & Experience
- The role holder will support BP colleagues in many geographies:
- Providing 1st and 2nd level support for all people and culture applications and data interfaces via our customer relationship management tool, being responsible for in-depth analysis, diagnosis, troubleshooting and providing solutions to issues. Examples of issues may include interface errors, login/access issues, password resets, online course errors etc.
- Applying specialized technical skills to analyse complex issues involving several platforms and data integrations
- Creating, updating, triaging and/or resolving cases according to our quality and services commitment.
- Engaging with the relevant teams and managing cases through to resolution.
- Recording, analysing and managing incidents in line with our service commitment and incident management processes, escalating where appropriate.
- Proactively seeking advice from the application support senior advisor/lead on unclear processes.
- Collaborating with people care teams globally.
- Maintaining good working relationships with people and culture teams, IT&S, solutions and external service providers.
- The role holder will also support projects including, but not limited to:
- Evaluating trends and delivering regular updates to leads
- Participating in technology release management testing
- Contributing to and executing continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical/business field or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 3 Experience in a HR shared services or technical support environment is preferred.
- Actively working to develop capability in line with the people and culture capability framework, with an equal blend of EQ, IQ and drive.
- Digital application troubleshooting experience
- Experience working with customer relationship management tools to communicate resolution and manage incidents
- Exposure to HR processes and systems or equivalent
- Problem solving skills demonstrated through experience in case management
- Numeracy & analytical thinking – able to quickly and effectively analyse data to provide business insights
- Risk Management – Identifying and mitigating risks associated with working across multiple systems with stakeholders across many locations.
- Digital Fluency – able to use and explore available tools and technology in resolving issues
Leadership & EQ Capability
- Solution focus – applies judgement and common sense and seeks to identify solutions which will add value
- Business acumen & customer focus – keeps up to date with internal and external context, seeks to understand the relationship between their activity and the BP business strategy.
- Effective communication - able to transfer technical information from product and solution owners to colleagues effectively
- Acts with integrity - demonstrating the bp values and behaviours.
- Inclusion and working together – Proactively builds and maintains inclusive relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Group mind set - remembers to look beyond individual performance to consider the bigger picture and the team perspective.
- Calm under pressure and able to work in ambiguous environments.
- Demonstrates curiosity, resilience and openness to new experiences.
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft 365, CRM tools, cloud-based HR systems