The People & Culture (P&C) Advisor provides a wide range of HR generalist activities including talent management, performance management, employee development, compensation, and consultation for bpx energy employees. This position requires the individual to have excellent generalist skills and a strong background in working closely with leadership to meet organizational goals. The person must demonstrate the resilience and flexibility needed to provide world-class partnership to bpx colleagues. This successful candidate must be able to move at increasingly higher speeds, providing clarity in the face of ambiguity.
This person will support several of our functional organizations (Procurement, Technology, Accounting, Ethics & Compliance, Communications & External Affairs, Legal, and Transformation), and will be expected to build strong relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Client Partnership – Build positive, productive, and enduring relationships with customers. Coach, counsel, encourage, and listen to Team Leaders as they work through people-related challenges. Focus on deeply understanding customers’ needs and collaboratively develop solutions to issues that arise. Work to become a trusted advisor for the organization.
- Support for Cornerstone Activities – Assure flawless delivery of key people-related processes, including:
- Recruiting – work with team leaders to identify hiring needs and seek requisite approvals. Help leaders prepare for and conduct interviews and evaluate candidates. Work closely with bpx Recruiting team to implement solutions designed to help us attract world class talent in support of a premier organization.
- Performance & Reward – lead the annual performance assessment and reward process in client organizations, including supporting each team’s, advising on allocations of base salary increases and discretionary bonus calculations, where applicable, and supporting the roll-up of the collective plans for approval.
- Talent Management and Development – work closely with the Employee Experience team to implement solutions that will help bpx build and maintain a premier workforce. Help team leaders identify top talent and support creation and implementation of workforce plans for client organizations.
- Employee Relations and Engagement – Act as point of contact for employee relations matters. Support team leaders in the delivery of investigations, disciplinary processes, and effective performance conversations. Advise line management on employment policies and procedures to enable improvement in working practices and productivity and without adverse impact on regulatory / legal compliance, company reputation or employee engagement. Support employees by providing guidance and resources to proactively address concerns or resolve issues.
- Policy Administration and Support – Ensure business compliance with HR policies and programs. Advise leadership on regulatory and company requirements. Conduct various data analyses and compile into meaningful information and recommendations. Provide high-touch support for to resolve personnel matters or remain in regular contact with employees if resolution is referred elsewhere. Maintain ongoing awareness of other company initiatives for ease of participation and use. Ensure efficient execution of tactical activities, coach team leaders and individual contributors toward appropriate self-sufficiency, and provide assurance that systems-related activities are delivered timely and accurately.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience and the ability to make proactive HR interventions in response to business needs.
- Proven track record of HR business partnering across the range of core HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated success in providing HR support in the US onshore environment preferred.
- Mindset of safety-first
- Accountable, with ownership for activities and results
- Trustworthy and sensitive to confidential matters
- Self-directed, process-oriented, and experienced at driving change
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Effective level of understanding of the business unit’s financial performance, its plans, and its competition
- Ability to build productive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach others and provide constructive challenge at all levels of the organization