Could you transform how we approach solutions?
At BP, we’re committed to providing the energy that fuels growth and supports the Net Zero ambition. These are big, complex challenges so it’s important that we unlock the full potential of our workforce.
This is vital, especially in terms of our enabling solutions function. Here, you’ll develop and deploy end to end solutions that not only meet its needs, but predict them too.
Job Purpose – about the opportunity
The purpose of the global solutions organisation is to be a central solution strategy, development, deploy and sustain organisation. The solutions that are designed underpin processes that are critical to BP’s operations and compliance, to ensure that these processes are successfully executed requires the users to be well supported through training, accessible and responsive feedback from experts when new or unusual scenarios present themselves.
The enabling solutions team role is to use our expertise to own, govern and continuously improve the global products critical to BP’s success, whilst striving to deliver the best user experience.
The Performance chapter is part of gbs enabling solutions which is accountable for leading product stewardship, prioritisation of transformation through deep business engagement and understanding of the value driven by the global products managed. Delivering process and system improvements to drive standardization and enable automation, whilst supporting future product deployments.
The Performance Analyst will report to the Performance Manager.
Key Accountabilities – about you
• Participate in cross-functional teams/squads to implement process or system enhancements
• Build and maintain strong connections with user community, both within GBS, I&E, ARC and wider bp, keeping their needs at the centre of operations
• Support the squad in setting priorities, resource planning, monitoring process and risk mitigations
• Solicit input from the business, understand the business requirements, and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose process solutions to support standard global processes underpinned by the ERP
• Support the project deliverables through agile methods, adhering to the process and ensuring transparency of activity
• Support delivery of the back log of activity for identified product
• Add new demand and help iterate product backlog items into functional product requirements
• Understand, adopt and embrace agile principles and agile ways of working.
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions for the performance team.
• Participate in mentoring cohorts to foster knowledge sharing.
• Use designated knowledge management processes and tools.
• Leverage successful products, processes and best practices both within and outside of BP.
• Contribute to continuous improvement.
• Ensure documentation is captured in a document management system.
Qualification & Experience and Competencies
Essential Education & Experience
• Suitably qualified professional with degree or similar education background.
• Some experience exposure to global operations is a plus.
• Exposure to agile ways-of-working and Scrum methodology
• Strong presentation and ability conceive draft and deliver communication, including the ability to articulate complex processes and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
• Good verbal and written communications
• Passion and experience in capturing business requirements and improving processes and systems.
• Experience on systems deployment activities and change management.
• Experience / Knowledge on the allocation, cost recovery and time writing process
• Experience in SAP and Workday as an end-user, system deployment or process design
• Influential skills in multicultural companies
• Ability to work within a virtual global team environment.
• Ability to prioritise and flexible to adjust to new priorities effectively.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience with systems deployments and process design.
• Experience working in a multi-national organisation.
• Experience within the Finance team in the Upstream or Downstream business
• Experience with financial control processes within a business context
• Understanding of the end-to- end accounting close cycle
• Understanding of General Ledger system transactional processing