As a first step, nothing prepares you better for a career with us than an internship. Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time during the summer. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine teamwork, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology.
From exploration to production, our petroleum and reservoir engineers play a crucial role in BP’s field operation success. As a Summer Intern petroleum or reservoir engineer, you’ll be integral to ensuring we extract hydrocarbons safely and efficiently from our global discoveries. You’ll be a vital member of our team and support the entire lifecycle of an oil or gas field, gaining exposure and experience through partnering with specialists across our business.
Petroleum Engineer: PEs use tools, methodologies, and technologies to collate data from the field to effectively manage and optimize base production and injection. PEs work within multi-disciplinary teams to ensure wells and operations remain safe, efficient, compliant, and sustainable. Key focus areas for PEs include:
Successful interns will be considered for a full-time role within our P&O Development Program upon earning their degree. Through this program, early careers will build their experience through challenging development assignments, develop a toolkit of transferable skills for the future, and have a dedicated network of support to help them succeed.
- Production Management - Maximize the value of our existing hubs through rigorous production and injection monitoring and optimization
- Opportunity Progression – Wellwork candidate identification, planning, and execution. Use of system modeling to identify and progress opportunities. Contributor to well and reservoir reviews.
- Risk and Vulnerability Management – Understand the surveillance, barriers and mitigation measures.
- Digital Enhancements – Use of digital tools to store well notes and document events. Make a concerted effort to maintain key information for future teams. Use and grow digital capability to drive efficiency and simplification.
Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
Graduating between December 2023 and May 2024
bp will not support US Immigration sponsorship for this role or long-term employment
Seeking a Bachelor's degree
- Must be available for a continuous 12-week period for duration of internship
- Majoring in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering or closely related discipline
- Students should be in the 3rd year of a four-year degree program
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship