The Petrophysicist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of geologists, geophysicists, reservoir and petroleum engineers and will provide deep understanding and expertise in petrophysical field studies.
The key job duties and accountabilities will include:
At bp, we love our interns! In addition to developing your technical capabilities within your given discipline, we ensure you enjoy your time with us and have a fun summer. Some of the wonderful things you’ll experience as a bp intern are:
- Provide petrophysical expertise as part of an integrated team, using petrophysics technology and methodology for reservoir description, delivery of new wells and reservoir surveillance.
- Engage in log quality control, integrated data analysis and development of petrophysical models to inform reservoir development and management strategy
- Coordinate with third party service providers to ensure safe and reliable operations and quality data delivery of wireline, LWD and coring operations and appropriate invoicing.
- Monitor real-time operations in support of drilling, logging while drilling, coring, production logging and wireline acquisition.
- Coordinate discipline SME input within BP’s global petrophysics network to identify petrophysical parameters that are critical to the evaluation of renewal and/or development projects
- Provide reservoir description analysis through application and development of petrophysical evaluation best practice
- Recommend, plan, monitor and integrate surveillance data with the static subsurface description to inform reservoir/well management decisions
- Use latest digital and data science methods to improve efficiency and accuracy of petrophysical interpretation.
- Understand the sensitivity and impact of uncertainties and alternate scenarios in petrophysical models and understand how to communicate these effectively.
- Understand the geological deposition and pore geometry scale controls on petrophysical properties.
Successful interns will be considered for a full-time role within our P&O Development Program upon earning their degree. Through this program, early careers will build their experience through challenging development assignments, develop a toolkit of transferable skills for the future, and have a dedicated network of support to help them succeed.Minimum Requirements
- 12-week internship
- Competitive pay
- Retirement savings opportunities
- bp provided corporate housing with furnished apartments
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Social events, lunch & learns and community service opportunities
- “Chat with a Leader” sessions
- Projects centered on meaningful work and true business impacts
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- On a case-by-case basis, bp may support US Immigration sponsorship for full-time or long- term employment
- Pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree
- Must be available for a continuous 12-week period for duration of summer internship
- Majoring in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Subsea Engineer, Geology, Geophysics, Earth Science or closely related discipline
- Graduating from August 2023 to May 2024
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship