Grade JResponsible for supporting safe, reliable and efficient operations through assisting the team with activity planning and delivering an integrated execution schedule, whilst developing technical and analytical capabilities.
- To act as mechanical and instrument specialist in the operation, modification and expansion of ILS Taicang Plant.
- To be responsible for maintenance of all mechanical and partial instrumentation (in this document mechanical equipment includes but not limited to: tanks, piping, valves, pumps, air compressors, engine, pneumatic and hydraulic system, civil infrastructure, water supply and drainage etc. and any mechanical part of a machine & PLC) and keep all plant facilities and equipment in safe working condition as a member of the maintenance and engineering team.
- To meet BP HSSE requirement.
- To coach and transfer knowledge to maintenance and operation staff.
- Provide mechanical and Instrument support to construction, commissioning and acceptance of Taicang plant.
- Ensure plant equipment is constructed and / or installed in compliance with relevant regulations and standards, meeting product quality and productivity requirements.
- Coach and transfer knowledge to plant staff for commissioning and operation. Make sure plant staff has adequate mechanical knowledge to operate and maintain equipment.
- To prepare operation and maintenance procedures and work instructions, and provide mechanical inputs for other procedures and instructions. Ensure procedures and work instructions are adequate and correct regarding mechanical aspects as needed.
- To plan and implement plant equipment inspection and preventive maintenance, and provide support for other equipment maintenance. Make sure all plant mechanical equipment are in safe working condition while machine unplanned breakdown and maintenance cost are minimized.
- To plan and request mechanical spare parts, prepare specification, provide assistance to procurement, and keep these spare parts in good condition. Ensure mechanical spare parts inventory are reasonable meeting both production and cost requirement.
- To troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment fault, liaise with equipment supplier and manufacturer, and provide support for other equipment fault.
- To do failure root cause analysis and take corrective actions and share lessons learnt. The failure root causes are analysed and actions take, lessons learnt.
- Be involved or lead modification and capital projects as needed. Ensure projects meet HSSE expectation such as MOC, relevant regulations and standard, and project objectives.
- Be involved in selection and evaluation of maintenancel contractors, train contractors and supervise their work as needed.
- To seek opportunities and propose for continuous improvements to continuously improve HSSE, cost and quality performance. Help technicians and operators for developing and leading as needed. Ensure technicians and operators can get adequate professional guidance and skills from the incumbent.
- To be responsible for all BP Integrity management requirements as a technical authority or support to plant engineering authority.
- College degree in engineering or related disciplines, electrical or automation preferred.
- More than five years of plant experience in design, construction or maintenance of both I&E equipment.
- Familiarity with industrial and Chinese national codes and standards
- Effectively prioritize work and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Works well under high pressure situations. Logical thinking, highly organized and problem solving ability.
- Committed to environmentally, safe and healthy work practices.
- A good communicator and team worker with the ability and willingness to work closely with others. Willingness to learn and show initiatives for self-improvements.
- Willingness to teach and share information with others
- English ability in reading, writing and speaking preferred.