A career in Productions & Operations (P&O) is an opportunity to help craft the future of bp. As part of the team, you’ll apply digital technologies and an agile approach as we transform our operating assets in pursuit of our net zero ambition. You’ll also help to develop resources, delivering ground-breaking projects and growing your talent in all kinds of new and rewarding ways within the operational heart of bp.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the development, implementation and operation of a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities, performance management and reporting, and the integration of schedules from internal and third party sources into the overall project planning process and in conformance with BP Planning, Scheduling and Project Coordination procedures. This role is from our Houston offices on our new 60/40 hybrid working policy.
- Develop and assure integrity of the project level 1 and Master Control Schedule, provide post update analysis, ensuring the project team are aware of key changes and impact to critical /near critical paths.
- Ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of planning and progress measurement
- Provide planning support to the Project Controls Team and Project Manager to ensure compliance with the Project Planning and Scheduling Procedure and projects common process guidance.
- Continuously improving the planning strategy, plans and procedures
- Ensure contractor compliance with contractual planning, scheduling and reporting requirements especially those detailed contractually within the Project Coordination Procedures (PCP).
- Satisfying BP requirements and the expectations of partners.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience of using Primavera version 6 (P6)
- Bachelor’s degree, Engineering and/or Science degrees are preferred
- Demonstrable track record planning delivery with experience of 5+ years covering the accountabilities relevant to the job description described herein, gained on medium to large scale size projects:
- Track-record of managing schedules for projects, including communication of complex schedule information to senior management (e.g. development of Level 1 plans to describe interfaces between multiple near-critical paths)
- Ability and skills to engage and work within a multifunctional discipline team to establish high levels of cooperation and credibility for the planning function when working with the project team.
- Experience of early-stage planning for medium to large projects (pre-execute) to understand the wider project context, business drivers and development of Project Coordination Procedures.
- Some experience of managing cost control, demonstrating a sound understanding of the relationship between cost control and planning / scheduling as a key component of the performance management framework and project control.
Experience with offshore and/or subsea projects