The Planning, Scheduling & Contractor Management Superintendent leads the group of Planners, Schedulers and Contract Coordinators for routine maintenance and small project work in addition to providing oversight and information on manpower and contractor staffing in the refinery. Working across multiple refinery bp and contractor groups, the Planning, Scheduling, and Contractor (PSC) Superintendent is the owner of the Maintenance work process for the site. The PSC Superintendent ensures refinery routine maintenance for process and infrastructure is maintained by efficiently and effectively leveraging resources and materials to meet commercial performance objectives. The 3 main areas of strategic focus for the PSC Superintendent are:
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling: Provide oversite and continuous improvement on the maintenance efficiency instilled by executing the PPS playbook work processes.
- Site Nested Maintenance Contractor Management: Execute Contract Account manager (CAM) accountabilities for assigned contractors. Supervise Point of Contact (POC) accountabilities assigned to Contractor Coordinators.
- Site Logistics Management: Supervise the Contractor Coordinators for site nested contractors as they pertain to fleet management and infrastructure maintenance.
Qualifications and Job requirements
- Accountable for personnel safety. This includes the people working in the Planning and Scheduling Group (BP or Contractor).
- Accountable for developing, managing and delivery of the Cost Centers and budgets assigned to the Planning and Scheduling Group.
- Leads a cross-functional team to manage site resources, both bp and contractor, to ensure we continually optimize the deployment of resources to ensure reliability, availability, and commercial cost targets for the site
- Assurance of proper on-boarding/training of rotational maintenance planners and operations/contractor maintenance coordinators that participate in site maintenance work processes.
- Accountable for the development/execution of the Planning and Scheduling Group with personnel development strategy including: training requirements, performance management plans, performance management reviews, attrition and resource planning, hiring recommendations and career mentoring.
- Accountable for identifying, developing, and implementing Planning and Scheduling strategies within the refinery that support and complement existing Maintenance Work Management processes or identifying, developing, and recommending changes to those processes.
- Support the Operations team in development and implementation of the annual and multi-year maintenance/reliability plans to maintain and improve unit mechanical integrity, TAR strategy and refinery availability plans.
- Assigned Contract Account Manager (CAM) for nested third-party contractors including overseeing the performance of the Contract employees and interfacing with the leads for each contracting company as issues arise, reviewing and approving overhead and indirect headcounts.
- Use and track Key Performance Indicators to identify improvement opportunities and drive performance.
- 8+ years in refining, petrochemical or utility plant w/ BS Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management or 15+ years of plant maintenance or operations experience and demonstrated advancement capability in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in contractor account management preferred
- Requires knowledge of Scheduling and Computerized Maintenance Management System software tools (E.g., SAP, Maximo, Primavera, etc)
- Knowledge of process industry equipment (exchangers, vessels, valves, etc)
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation and influencing.
- Must be able to develop others and foster diverse relationships throughout the refinery organization
- The ability to form and lead various BP and contract teams to achieve continuous improvement objectives
- Required minimum high school diploma or equivalent