From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the coronavirus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting.
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as Planning & Performance SME
In this role You will:
- To support the performance management agenda including gross margin, actuals and forecast (B/S, Cash and Profitability), Cluster P&L & cost allocations and Sales MI (customers & products) for the local designated businesses.
- The Planning & Performance SME will need to maintain a proactive business partnering relationship between finance, accounting and the cluster sales director(s) and their teams, providing them with commercial support and market intelligence, and will develop and maintain a ‘one team’ relationship with the Accounting, Reporting, Controlling (ARC) teams and GBS/BPO teams.
We have the following requirements:
- Strategy & Planning
- Business Partnering and Performance Insights
- Performance Reporting
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Part qualified or qualified in a recognised national or international professional accountancy qualification are an advantage e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA.
- Understanding of accounting and period end closing activities are mandatory
- Absolute fluency in “business English” is mandatory.
- A good understanding and use of MI tools (eg SAP BW, BIGS BO) and the underlying IT&S system (preferably SAP)
- Experience of reporting and MI processes (actuals, RF & plan) with a focus on performance analysis and intervention
- Able to analyse and summarise complex information and prepared to drive performance improvements together with the business
- Ability to quickly assess areas requiring attention and/or intervention, with a strong demonstration of business partnering to drive business performance.
- Focuses effort and prioritises work to deliver business value; must be self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster and more efficiently.
- Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge – a team player
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop.Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement