Responsible for capturing, analysing and reporting performance and financial outcomes, using basic technical capabilities to ensure the business transactions and results of the reporting entity are recorded, reported and forecasted with integrity, in a timely manner and in conformance Group accounting policies and control standards.
The Planning & Performance Senior Analyst is an essential member of Planning & Performance Innovation & Engineering (I&E) Team, responsible for the performance management (GFR ie. actuals performance reporting and GFO ie. forecast & plan), reporting of management information; managing / coordinating / monitoring required control initiatives. This role will be responsible to provide business advisory and insights into business decisions and ensure financial implications are integrated into strategic plans.
The incumbent will be directly responsible for performance reporting of I&E function and providing operational support on financial related matters, working closely with the business users, budget holders, embedded finance and GBS teams. He or she will be the focal person to coordinate the implementation / monitoring of control requirements in conjunction with Group’s minimum control expectations. Incumbent must be performance biased, have sound knowledge in process & controls, sharp analytical skills and the ability to communicate / influence at the right levels effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Support performance of the I&E operations through Management Information (MI) Reporting, provide monthly MI reports, analysis of GFO and GFR movements and providing insightful commentaries,
- Deliver month-end / quarter-end / year-end close activities and day-to-day operational support in the areas of accounting, recharges, management information (MI) reporting in accordance with finance standards and accounting policies.
- Gather, collate, analyse and validate accounting and financial data as necessary in order to prepare and maintain various reports and performance summaries (e.g. accrual journal, final development of actual report, forecast comparison report, etc.) as and when needed.
- Submit, update and review the Management Information (MI) report with the respective budget holders for both business and group reporting.
- Calculate, track and analyse Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure consistency of definition, interpretation and method of calculation.
- Conduct Balance Sheet Assurance (BSA) review quarterly to clear any outstanding items, inform and follow-up on any discrepancies, and perform FBW and MI reconciliation.
- Facilitate and record the creation of cost centres and WBS for projects while closely monitoring project spend.
- Support the monthly management information (MI) reporting process including meeting the necessary deadlines and reporting forecasts and associated variance analysis.
- Support the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of effective internal controls and processes including SOX and Due Diligence.
- Liaise with different seniority of business stakeholders internally and externally as and when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience in general and/or financial accounting.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Shared service centre experience.
- Experience of reporting processes and systems within BP, ideally supporting business or function activities.