We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Finance Function Team and advance your career as a
Planning and Performance Senior Analyst - Szeged
Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting
In this role you will:
- Support the annual planning process, ensuring plans are appropriately challenged and assured for the designated business(es).
- Produce detailed forecasts covering volume, revenue, cost, margin and RCOP as informed by the LBM process.
- Contributes to business case preparation & subsequent review of FMs & CAPEX expenditure.
- Establish & maintain a proactive business partnering relationship between Finance and the local entity sales director(s) to ensure underlying performance is well understood
- Support the Performance Management agenda, ensuring robust & timely forecasts and deliver MI analysis and commentary for the leadership team.
- Provide detailed analysis of focus areas of performance, providing insights and interventions and associated analysis (V&Os)
- Monitor and support sales&marketing initiatives to ensure effective tracking & accurate analysis of profitability.
- Translates financial and operational performance for the businesses and evaluates and articulates the underlying delivery of actuals vs. latest forecasts on a monthly basis
- Provide input to the Cluster Head Office channel of the recharge process for the entities, ensuring costs are recharged fairly and accurately
- Support the ARC manager, in partnership with GBS, in completing Close activities, and with the review and completion of BSI activities
- Support the drive for continuous improvement in MI to meet advances in business requirements
To make this possible, you should have:
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant finance or accounting degree, recognized professional accountancy qualification is an advantage e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Fluent English language knowledge
- A good understanding and use of MI tools (eg SAP BW, BIGS BO, Power BI) and the underlying IT&S system (preferably SAP)
- Experience in reporting and MI processes (actuals, RF & plan) with a focus on performance analysis and intervention
- Able to analyze and summarize complex information
- Ability to quickly assess areas requiring attention and/or intervention
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement