We are a global energy business, involved in every aspect of the complex energy system that drives our world. Today’s growing world is demanding more energy, as well as a path to low carbon future. For more than 100 years, the people of bp hve been adapting to the globe’s constantly evolving demands. At every turn, we’re improving how we deliver heat, light and mobility to help people everywhere.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team.
Join our team and advance your career as a/an
If you join our Finance Function team, you may have the following responsibilities:
Planning & Performance Senior SME
In the Planning&Performance Senior SME role we have the following requirements:
- Supports the annual planning process, ensuring plans are appropriately challenged and assured for the designated business(es).
- Produces detailed forecasts covering volume, revenue, cost, margin and RCOP as informed by the LBM process, drawing insights and highlighting areas where performance targets are not being met.
- Contributes to business case preparation & subsequent review of FMs & CAPEX expenditure.
- Establish & maintain a proactive business partnering relationship between Finance and the local entity sales director(s) to ensure underlying performance is well understood, to proactively challenge and propose performance improvements, and to monitor & investigate anomalies & trends.
- Supports the Performance Management agenda for the entities in scope, ensuring robust & timely forecasts and deliver MI analysis and commentary for the leadership team.
- Partners with other business stakeholders to provide detailed analysis of focus areas of performance, providing insights and interventions and associated analysis (V&Os)
- Translates financial and operational performance for the businesses and evaluates and articulates the underlying delivery of actuals vs. latest forecasts on a monthly basis to incorporate into the plan and current outlook for the year.
- Provides input to the Cluster Head Office channel of the recharge process for the entities, ensuring costs are recharged to countries fairly and accurately
- Support the ARC manager, in partnership with GBS, in completing Close activities, and with the review and completion of BSI activities for relevant accounts.
- Support the drive for continuous improvement in MI to ensure integrity & accuracy and to meet advances in business requirements.
At BP, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Part qualified or qualified in a recognized national or international professional accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA.
- 5 to 7 years of proven experience in the field of finance
- Absolute proficiency in “business English” is required,
- A good understanding and use of MI tools (eg. SAP BW, BIGS BO) and the underlying IT&S system (preferably SAP)
- Experience of reporting and MI processes (actuals, RF & plan) with a focus on performance analysis and intervention
- Able to analyze and summarize sophisticated information and prepared to drive performance improvements together with the business
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
- different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- life & health insurance, medical care package
- company laptop
- phone for private usage
- opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement