Responsible for delivering reliability and maintenance activities, using sound technical and analytical capabilities to provide guidance on the best approach to ensure the safety, efficiency and reliability of operations.
The Planning and Scheduling Lead is responsible for delivering excellence in overall maintenance planning, scheduling, resource management, field execution and close-out for the refinery. This position supervises craft planners, maintenance schedulers, and supports field execution leads in coordination with area work activities and proactively intervenes to prevent inefficiencies. The position also drives performance improvements by reviewing work plan quality and plan-verses-actuals. This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all tasks that might be required.
- Hold high-level understanding of site maintenance priorities.
- Manage 2 maintenance scheduler direct reports. Supervise and develop 15 rotating Planners.
- Develop and communicate maintenance planning, craft resourcing and scheduling goals.
- Guide the field execution teams. Ensures alignment and seamless interface of craft disciplines with Operations and other groups.
- Point of Contact for maintenance work to ensure we are working on the refinery’s highest priority items.
- Ensures proper on-boarding/training for Planners and Schedulers with emphasis on Maximo, P6, and Cascade systems.
- Ensures Maintenance Planners, Schedulers, and field execution leads are delivering on their accountabilities.
- Point of Contact for embedded maintenance contractors.
- Lead IRIS investigations as assigned.
- Quality checks new maintenance work orders to ensure it is well defined, within department capability, and accurately prioritized.:
- Ensure Planners filter and prioritize work to ensure risk is effectively managed.
- Support planning and schedule reviews. Review job packages to minimize delays during work execution.
- Responsible and accountable for communicating manpower constraints and define/approve necessary resource allocation adjustments. Ensure adjustments are properly communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure work is being scheduled according to overall refinery priorities.
- Assess and manage schedule against craft resource constraints to ensure deployment of highest risk jobs.
Field Execution and Close-Out
- Assigns Scheduled work to maintenance field execution leads.
- Reconciles repeatable work package plan verses actuals, and updates as necessary to ensure accuracy of future plans, work scheduling, and execution.
- Works with work requestors to ensure work orders get closed and follow up work orders are generated if needed.
- 10 years of Cross-discipline and Refinery functional experience in Maintenance Planning, TAR planning, and/or Project Field Coordination with an understanding of work processes and proper maintenance.
- 3-5 Years of First Level Leader experience in similar roles.
- Proficiency in CMMS application (Maximo) relating to work order management.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Clear understanding of the Prioritization, Planning and Scheduling Playbook and competent in providing guidance to team.
- Experience with reporting and analytic tools such as Business Objects, Power BI, and /or Tableau.
- Applicable understanding of Management of Change, Process Safety Management, and Control of Work to ensure personal safety and health, technical and mechanical integrity, environmental health, security of the facility, and energy isolation.
- Ability to recognize and improve work situations that impact the health and safety of others. Inspire people to achieve BP goals of no accidents, no harm to people, and no harm to the environment.
- The ability to form and lead various BP and contract teams to achieve continuous improvement objectives.
- Can effectively transfer work-related knowledge to other team members.