As part of bp, Castrol Lubricants is widely acknowledged as the world's leading specialist provider of Lubricant solutions. Although best known for our expertise in developing lubricants for cars and bikes, we also produce lubricants that directly affect our daily lives across a number of different industries and sectors.
Due to development of our site, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Plant Operator to join our fast-paced and high performing team at our North Fremantle Lubricants Plant. In this role, you will assist in the efficient operations of the plant, blending, filling, material handling and warehouse operations whilst contributing to the continuous improvement strategy and demonstrating a strong focus on health and safety.
Your role with us will evolve over time. As you undertake training and demonstrate skills across multiple tasks you will progress through competence and remuneration levels. Key activities will include:
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Initially being a professional forklift operator with tasks that will include safely loading and unloading packaged and bulk lubricant products from trucks
- Accurately and efficiently picking orders and liaising with the dispatch team for delivery to our customers
- Receipting bulk and packaged inwards goods, including compliance with quality procedures, safe stock placement and cycle counting
- Operation of Filling line machinery and equipment and meeting performance and quality expectations
- Operation of blending equipment to manufacture finished lubricant products within very tight quality parameters.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A valid LF forklift license (Linde experience highly desired) with experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Strong WHS knowledge and awareness in process plant, manufacturing and warehouse operations
- Technical aptitude and computer literacy
- High attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and continually prioritise and plan work activity
- Key focus on learning and continuous improvement
About the benefits:
Castrol offers a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing your career and rewarding our people with a competitive package including 10.5% superannuation, performance bonuses, RDO’s and company share scheme. With plenty of on-site parking and close proximity to public transport, there are so many great reasons to join Castrol North Fremantle team!
bp Australia is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. BP Australia encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.