Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using basic technical capabilities to design, develop and maintain the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
- Responsible for solution design, development, testing and operation for ServiceNow platform and integrations.
- Focus on scalability, hands-on coding or customization contribution, adherence to software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, code version management, code review, technical documentation).
- Focus on testing and deployment of software or platforms via CI/CD pipeline that meet privacy and compliance requirements, and that follow site reliability engineering best practices.
- Support a fast and agile product release while maintaining high service reliability following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs.
- Contribute to ideas for automation, continual improvement and simplification
- Support development and training for citizen developers within bp in support of wider technology adoption and bp’s digitalisation journey
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher-level qualification, or equivalent
- Proven proficiency in dealing with complex technical issues in an application environment
- Experience working with a rapid development methodology, in particular Agile/Scrum or DevOps software development.
- Experience in designing, planning, implementing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable server-side software or platforms in complex environments.
- Experience in designing and development of custom scope applications and ServiceNow core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change and Service Catalog
- Experience with Business Rules, Workflow, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs - all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow platform
- Experience on Web Services Integration (SOAP,REST, and JSON) and good understanding of web programming (CSS, HTML)
- Good understanding of supporting tools and technologies such as LDAP, SSO and Identity Management, MID Servers, Automated Testing tools
- Certified ITIL v3 Foundation
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or Application Developer
- Experience of working in a complex multi-vendor / multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of risk management and how to remediate risks effectively
- Other implementation experience (eg. Azure, AWS, Salesforce, Mulesoft, Database, SAP, Container platforms, physical or virtual hosting platforms).