To support the ongoing transformation of Customers and Products business by leading, coordinating and monitoring Portfolio Optimisation and integrated change management programs in service of bp strategy.
- Provide program management and air traffic control for the implementation and ongoing coordination of lean portfolio management (portfolio Kanban) for the C&P Portfolio in service of bp strategic delivery.
- Coordinate and continuously improve the annual refresh of strategic Roadmaps across the global Customers and Products business
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders across bp to ensure alignment on portfolio management and transformation efforts, including People & Culture, Finance, SS&V, Strategy Leads, Sub-entity Leads and Strategic Priority Leads across the C&P businesses, and Agility Coaches.
- Integrate regularly with strategic priority leads, sub-entity leads and agile coaches, to support effective governance and portfolio cadence including articulation of OKRs, transparency, escalation and resolution of impediments, prioritisation of break-in work and effectiveness of learning cycles.
- Support the Customers & Products (C&P) ongoing transformation with change management expertise and embedding of new ways of working, agility principles and behaviours, customer centricity, and Who We Are (bp beliefs). Maintain an integrated view of efforts within these programs to ensure coherence of activities for C&P.
- Act as SME within C&P for the use of Kanbanize as the preferred portfolio management system, working with the Agility CoE and sub-entity leads to build out transparency to work across C&P (growth, base and break-in) and to establish Work In Progress (WIP) limits.
- Establish and report portfolio health measures and develop improvement actions working with the Agility COE and Priority leads
- Assist in defining and coordinating the “break in work” prioritisation process for C&P level activity and maintain backlog required for roadmap refresh process (working with Integrated Offer Development Team, Agility CoE and key business stakeholders).
- Establish and maintain summary of C&P portfolio hierarchy and functional requirements within Kanbanize and develop/update training material and roll-out schedule for C&P users.
- Facilitate program management planning, working and review sessions as required.
- Prepare content and briefing material to support portfolio governance eg. C&P leadership team quarterly cadence of meetings, Strategy Lead Community of Practice.
- Work with finance to integrate portfolio management approach with Integrated Business Planning
- Work with P&C to support development of capacity management and resource optimisation process.
- Identify and share best practice in how we embed sustainable change within the organization
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in one of Commercial, Economic, Engineering or multiple
- SAFe Lean portfolio management Certified (desirable)
- Kanban System Design (Desirable)
- Lean / Six Sigma Certified (Desirable)
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in agile ways of working and practices, particularly Kanban systems at scale
- Experience in project or program management
- Experience leading or managing change in an operating environment
- Experience working in leadership roles or roles demonstrating strong influencing skills
- Proven ability of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of OKRs and implementation experience (desirable)
- Future-focussed and strategic thinking:
- Understanding of enterprise strategy and how it drives long-term value
- Transformation and change management
- Effective at programme management and facilitating groups towards a common vision and purpose
- Can apply change management models and principles to develop a change roadmap
- Proficient at developing robust KPIs and monitoring change programs
- Agility and Growth Mindset:
- Understanding of lean portfolio management (qualification desirable, not essential)
- Understands and can apply agile mindset and practices to ways of working in a change management context
- is curious and asks questions; has courage to disrupt old patterns of thinking and open to possibilities
- Adapts – focused on learning, seeks feedback and invites difference of opinion, thrives in ambiguity and can change direction based on insights.
- Relationships – builds collaborative relationships at both a local and global level.
- Ability to work across timezones and manage own time and well-being in doing so
- Ability to understand and tailor approaches based on the cultural and commercial environment differences of the operating businesses withing C&P
Grade G Responsible for managing a team to support the delivery of a wide range of business activities, supporting the development and delivery of the relevant strategy, plans and performance, advancing the agenda by working closely with the Functions, providing business oversight and operational assurance, and ensuring that standards, policies and procedures are fit for purpose and working effectively.