About the role:
The Originator role is responsible for identifying and carrying out commercial opportunities as well as general business matters that are required to gain new business in the Australian power market, with a focus on developing power shorts. This will involve actively prospecting clients (e.g. generators of any power source, commercial & industrial consumers, other power marketers, bp affiliates etc.), negotiating deals and offerings, and building and maintaining customer relationships while operating in a safe and compliant manner.
Key Accountabilities -
- Identify and execute opportunities that will contribute to bp’s Australia power trading portfolio and play a lead role in the delivery of such deals
- Manage external relationships with selected third-party companies
- Develop marketing offers including but not limited to power purchase agreements and renewable supply structures
- Lead all phases of transaction development from prospecting, deal origination, customer onboarding, deal negotiations and approval, contracts, credit approval and execution
- Develop and maintain a strong and positive relationship with the trading bench and functions based in Singapore
- Promote and maintain a culture of compliance and exhibit BP’s values in behaviors (Safety, Excellence, Respect, Courage, One Team)
As the successful candidate you will have -
- 5-10 years’ experience in relevant roles within the Australian power industry
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills with ability to establish relationships with diverse customers and partners
- Collaborative team working approach to trading and origination
- Experience in developing deep relationships with counterparties leading to repeat business
What we offer in return:
- Knowledge of trading strategies, energy commodity markets, and market characteristics
- Knowledge of renewable generation assets and associated risk /reward opportunities
- Knowledge of energy contracts prevalent in the Australian power market (e.g., PPAs, LGCs, swaps, caps, options, weather derivatives etc).
- Experience in leading or highly involved in supporting role sophisticated negotiations and delivering successful outcomes, for example long-term agreements like PPAs or tolling agreements
- Permanent full-time position with a global organization that’s gearing up for the future
- A life. Genuine work and life balance, and an organisation culture that cares and commits to balance.
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to play a role in bp’s ambition to be a very different company by 2030
- Flexible work arrangements