Customers & Products
Job Family Group:
Responsible for supporting retail asset management through the delivery of construction projects and programmes in compliance with applicable regulations, permits, licenses and stated legislative requirements with an efficient balance of cost, quality and time, in order to maximise the value of BP's retail network.
The ROO is an organization that supports the operations of over 200 company owned and over 1,000 franchised convenience retail stores operating under the brands of Thorntons and ampm across the west coast, midwest, and northeast. We are seeking guest-centric leaders with a growth and strategic mindset to help us continue to build the leading convenience retail chain of the future.
The Development Project Management Advisor – Midwest/ South of Asset Management reports to Development Manager and is responsible for overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of store site development project management of East Coast sites including planning, organizing, executing, and reporting project activities. This position requires exposure to all functional areas of the business, including Operations, Marketing, Finance, Store Development, and the Executive staff.
Essential Job Functions (Responsible to)
- Essential Job Functions
- Provide overall Project Management, including the development, implementation and maintenance of the critical path and development strategies for all aspects of the site development process from site discovery through construction completion and facility handoff.
- Responsible for execution and administration of all NTI (New to Industry), ESA (Existing Site Acquisition), and DCA (Desirable Competitive Acquisition) site entitlement processes, including civil, fuel, traffic, and site engineering and consultative input on IM (Integrity Management), RC (Regulatory Compliance), and CM (Commercial Maintain) projects, as assigned, for Company Owned and MSCO (Multi-Site Contract Operator) locations
- Collaborate with the Design & Technical Standards Team to ensure all jurisdictional approvals are obtained and maintained to allow for full construction or remodel of NTI, ESA, and DCA sites
- Participate in scope walk through for ESA/DCA sites, review and provide functional assurance for each project
- Establish, document, communicate, and ensure compliance with all civil design standards for implementation in site improvement plans
- Oversee, administer, and ensure project compliance with prescribed Project Management, Scheduling, Reporting, and Project Communication tools
- Directly solicit and manage external consultants including civil engineers, environmental consultants, fuel engineers, and other site development disciplines, ensuring project deliverables are developed to established standards at the required level of quality, within budget, and on-time
- Execute standardized industry contractual documents related to all site development projects including AIA Master Services Agreements with qualified consultants, Proposal Requests, Amendments to Professional Services Agreements, and Construction Change Directives, as needed
- Promote projects in the Asset Management process through administration of the bidding process, including development and assembly of bid documents and budgeting, and collaboration on the bid analysis, contract issuance, and construction administration in partnership with Construction, Design, Purchasing, and other related departments and consultants
- Provide critical constructive feedback and critical thinking to conceptual site plans, development strategies and cost estimates based upon strong working knowledge of Thorntons/BP/ampm design criteria and engineering bast practices.
- Monitor public road projects, land takings, etc. and minimize their impact to future or existing stores by working with the appropriate AHJ (Authority having jurisdiction).
- Represent the company through applications, interviews, and public hearing processes on zoning, planning, variance, and permitting issues with the appropriate AHJ, including any Standard or Appeals Boards. Develop and maintain professional relationships with outside engineering firms, consultants, governmental agencies, developers, etc.
- Perform general administrative duties, such as invoice processing, policy development, budgeting etc.
- Lead project management and development trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Safety - demonstrate personal and staying safe at service stations
- Excellence - pursue systematic management through standardization & clarification
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture
- PMP certified or Equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in multi-unit retail project development
Skills & Competencies
- Strong Project Management and Analytical skills
- Proficient in Construction technology
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent Organizational skill
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the Organization
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Up to 25% travel should be expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.