Reporting to the ‘Global Strategic Pricing Manager’ the Pricing & Special Projects Manager works within Castrol’s Global Marketing department to maximise sales & revenues through effective leadership of Castrol’s global deal & tender team, as well as managing the delivery of key strategic projects within the global pricing team.
The Pricing & Special Projects Manager adds value through the delivery of strategic pricing recommendations, processes, best practices & projects within the global pricing team. You will be required to undertake a continuous & rigorous evaluation of the commercial performance & competitive positioning Castrol’s global deals & tenders/bids while simultaneously working on the delivery of strategic projects within Castrol. This is a fast-paced, challenging role & the right candidate will possess excellent organisation & planning skills.
- Responsible for managing the delivery & evaluation of customer offers & deals made operating within Castrol’s pricing framework.
- Delivery of robust analysis of deal models & structures, competitive landscape reviews, customer willingness to pay reviews, cost to serve evolutions etc., synthesising commercially sound recommendations from multiple, and often conflicting, inputs for deal structures to optimise Castrol profitability.
- Deal performance management & profitability monitoring, identifying opportunities to maximise margins while delivering deal / customer insights to Sales colleagues.
- Deliver strategic recommendation & price guidance to Sales colleagues to support structuring of customer deals / offers.
- Delivery of pricing management processes, guidelines, best practices & operating frameworks, ensuring these guidelines, practices & frameworks are regularly reviewed & updated.
- Responsible for formulating our deal desk strategy & plan, ensuring our processes, strategy, technology & direction are continually improving & exceeding the expectations of the business.
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic pricing projects within Castrol, on-time, according to specification & within budget. You will be required to demonstrate pricing thought leadership coupled with the ability to develop, manage & own relationships with, and influence, senior leaders within the business.
- Responsible for the product ownership of the pricing engine tool globally, creating structured plans for its rollout, implementation & evolution.
- Responsible for leading & directing a small team. You’ll be responsible for coaching, mentoring & developing a positive goal-oriented team whose work is consistent with bp’s culture & beliefs.
- Responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, global account management, Castrol & global pricing leadership, global performance unit leadership, sales & marketing colleagues.
- Work collaboratively to proactively develop, coach & mentor your team & peers.
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- University degree or higher
- Experienced in both working on & delivering cross team projects, essential.
- Previous strategic pricing experience is essential.
- Developed analytical capability coupled with the ability to use analytics to solve problems & make decisions is necessary. Proven ability to manage complex commercial data sets.
- Strong commercial acumen demonstrated through business experience
- Experienced in developing & implementing best practice is desirable
- Experienced in cross functional working, influencing teams, upholding policies & delivering results.
- Team leadership experience is required, coupled with the ability to motivate & coach a team.
Skills & Competencies
- The type of individual suited to this role is a self-starter with excellent analytical skills. You’re a dedicated problem solver, possess a sharp commercial acumen & have strong decision-making capabilities.
- Strong time management, planning & prioritization skills.
- Motivated & goal oriented. You work well as part of a team. You have experience in delivering, and sometimes leading, project work.
- Excellent attention to detail is required, as is the ability to analyse, interpret & present, delivering recommendations from, large volumes of data.
- A strong & effective communicator who can operate at all levels of our organization. You must have excellent influencing skills to motivate & bring others with you.
- Stakeholder manager capable of building effective relationships both internal & external to global pricing.
- Well developed prioritization & time planning skills.