Architecture is a collaborative discipline, and it plays a critical role in the integration of our businesses. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of IT, in order to create an integrated, flexible, effective IT architecture for bp.
- Architecture: You rigorously develop solution architectures, seeking practical solutions that optimize and re-use capabilities. You will be responsible for building technical designs of services or applications and will care passionately about the integrity of the Digital capabilities you develop.
- Technology: You are an excellent technologist and have a passion for understanding and learning. You will contribute to digital transformation initiatives from an architectural perspective, facilitating the delivery of solutions. You will bring good hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.
- Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- Team: You will lead several delivery teams directly or by influence. You will play an integral role in building the team’s skillset while demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust. You will not just lead, but "do".
- Relationships: You will build strong relationships across the business and Digital teams. You will understand the long-term needs of the solutions you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of bp.
A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science, or equivalent work experience.
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering transformational projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Experience in being part of a tight-knit DevOps team. You accomplish exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- A proven grasp of architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- The ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- Experience executing design authority according to a common architecture process including the identification and articulation of “Key Design Decisions”.
- Able to architect solutions using AWS native services such as EKS, Lambda, RDS and S3
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Solution Architecture
- Technical Specialism
- Systems Integration
- Data Analysis
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Systems Design
- User Experience Analysis
- Business Risk Management
- Capacity Management
- Network Design
- Service Acceptance
- Systems Development Management
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Business Modelling
Leadership & EQ
- You create an environment where people listen and speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You promote a culture of change and agility, evolve continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You work across organizational boundaries and build high quality, trust-based relationships with leaders and employees within innovation & engineering and the wider BP, applying cultural sensitivity.
- You apply judgement and common sense at scale.
- You comply with bp's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership of bp's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.