The Principal Platform Engineer will be the Platform Owner for ServiceNow in bp. ServiceNow is the bp’s strategic platform that underpins the digital foundation processes and controls. It is also a shared platform with strong API and custom application development capability. The Platform Owner will responsible for embedding a strong platform governance that enable federated development model, application scaling and increased adoption of citizen developer on a shared platform. The role will be the single point of accountability for the platform reliability and integrity, upgrade and optimisation, and continuous enablement of new features. The role will require strong software and platform engineering capability, with a foundational understanding of service engineering.
- Act as the Service Owner for ServiceNow platform and integrated technologies
- Provide oversight on the central platform governance and enable adoption and scaling of products in a fast and reliable manner. This includes defining and maintaining a strong platform strategy that enables federated development model, product development standards and guidelines, release approach and guidelines.
- Lead the platform dev ops team (mix of bp and third party suppliers) in delivering platform operations maintenance as well as application development and maintenance to meet bp objectives of delivery consistency and quality, speed to market and cost efficiency. This includes manage platform maintenance and optimization, application dev ops, quality control and code review, release management, compliance & standards, environment management, security, tooling and automation, capacity and licensing, cost management, etc.
- Provide advisory and consultancy support to other federated digital dev ops teams in their solution adoption and/or custom solution development on the platform.
- Chair the platform council and ensure close collaboration and communications on product release and upgrade. Enable a harmonious and coordinated delivery flow of work.
- Act as the platform product manager – which includes defining the platform vision and roadmap, ensure all new platform features are aligned with the foundation design principles, architecture, security, regulatory and compliance standards
- Cultivate a strategic relationship with the ServiceNow platform provider to meet BP’s best interests.
- Drive the ServiceNow Citizen Developer adoption initiative. Grow the citizen developer community and no code low code capability within bp in support of the rapid scaling of solution and automation.
- Part of the senior leadership team with responsibility in growing digital talent and capability for bp.
Bachelors (or higher) degree in Computer Science, IT, or engineering / scienceEssential Skills
- 15 years with a minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders – VP and Senior VPs.
- Experience in managing large scaled centralized IT delivery
- Experience in managing and building a global, distributed and diversed agile team
- Experience in managing strategic partnership with vendors
- Experience in managing application development and maintenance services on a strategic enterprise platform.
- Experience in ServiceNow ITSM, ITBM, SAMPro, IRM, Sec Ops, custom application and service portal development, data modelling in CMDB and digital service model
- Familiar with SOX regulatory control and compliances and experience in managing compliance audit and remediation
- Familiar with agile practices and techniques (Scrum and Kanban), core principles of devops and site reliability engineering
- Understanding of Citizen Development capability enablement and adoption
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- Deep and hands-on experience in designing, planning, implementing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable server-side software or platforms in complex environments.
- Data structures, database table design, algorithm design, runtime complexity, system architecture, API design, security and privacy best practices, at scale monitoring, logging & alerting, testing best practices
- Engineering certifications and/or implementation experience in one or more major platform technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Mule, databases, container platform, hosting platforms) will be an advantage