At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Who are we?
We are a future thinking tech incubator developing the next-generation technologies that are being used to solve the climate change issues we are facing globally. We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list is endless and is growing every day.
How can you help?
What are we looking for?The business believes in empowering engineers to solve technical challenges, you will enjoy working with autonomy, ground breaking technology, and passionate teams.
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
What do we want to see from you!
- Demonstrate strong foundations in coding principles, be able to understand, build low-level algorithms and solve complex problems efficiently
- Work as part of a team developing web applications within agile methodology
- Keep up with the latest technology innovations in media, cloud and software development
- Efficiently use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
What you can expect from us!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neuro-diversity/neuro-cognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
- High level of experience in any of the following languages C++, C, C#, Objective-C, Java, Python
- Experience in engineering databases, algorithms, APIs and data structures
- Experience with cloud environment development, deployment and APIs
- Working knowledge of a continuous integration and delivery pipeline, a DevOps attitude to help build, run and own your own code in a production environment.
- A firm believer in test-driven development and continuous deployment with tools such as Jenkins.
- Best practice knowledge of security, performance and accessibility.
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms and serverless architecture with AWS and/or GCP.
- Previous usage of workflow tools such as JIRA.
- General software engineering maturity I.e. building efficient pipelines which have a high bus factor
- Knowledge of handling politics in large sophisticated organisations i.e. operating models, process, multiple vendors
- Experience in large organisations where there is a lot of role fragmentation i.e. security, site reliability, testers, scientists, analysts, product owners.
- Generalist skills i.e. might be exposed to WinForms / wpf / web apps / data science / ml / data engineering
- Software Engineering maturity / CICD / Testing / PRs / Promotion / Environments / Ticketing +Auditing / Security tooling / standards
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree (must have)
- Tech industry experience highly desired
- Track record of developing products that customers have used, i.e. have been shipped to production