Responsible for providing highly advanced subject matter expertise for the specialism through comprehensive use of relevant tools and techniques, driving continuous improvement in systems and processes, overseeing implementation of the relevant standards and contributing to strategic development for the specialism to ensure that deliverables continue to successfully meet the needs of the context. Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.
We are looking for an outstanding Principal Data Manager for our B2B businesses with C&P e.g. Castrol, Aviation, Fleet, to lead impactful cross-disciplinary data teams and deliver strategic data products within bp’s analytics platforms!
- Apply existing and develop new data strategies across multiple business entities
- Apply deep commercial insight to inform strategic planning in B2B and lead data portfolio spend.
- Provide leading insight of industry and technology trends and best practices to craft bp’s data agenda and platform to build excellence.
- Lead the end-to-end scope of data management across B2B business areas and look for automation opportunities.
- Lead, grow, develop and run cross-discipline teams of data managers, data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and software engineers that writes, deploys and maintains data products at bp.
- Create positive engagement and governance framework and drive an inclusive work environment with teams including product owners, product managers and portfolio managers.
- Work with cross-disciplinary collaborators across multiple business entities to understand use cases, data requirements and value cases.
- Provide support to the squads providing technical guidance, leading dependencies and risks
- Review and ensure use case, value case, and ensure acceptance criteria, definition of done and critical metrics are clearly tracked, and aligned with the digital and data strategy
- Set and implement data standards, co-design data schemas, ensure quality at the source, and find opportunities to (semi-) automate manual data processes wherever possible.
- Provide deep data domain knowledge and business context around B2B data sources and products.
- Work with B2B business partners to implement data strategy and to coordinate data remediation plans to ensure data sets and data products meet business requirements.
- Advocate for data management standard processes.
- Create and articulate materials to communicate delivery plan, value delivered and cost
- Present results to peers and senior management to influence decision making.
- Actively sponsor and mentor emerging talent and promote a culture of continuous development.
- Experience (typically 5+ years) leading, growing, and developing teams (preferably with data relevance)
- Hands-on experience (typically 10+ years) in data management, data governance and process automation in complex, global environments
- Customer-centric and pragmatic mindset. Focus on value delivery and swift execution, while maintaining attention to detail
- Applied knowledge of data management and governance across all data lifecycle stages essential
- Deep understanding of data models, data standards and processes essential
- Experience of delivery of data products within cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- Foundational data transformation and manipulation skills
- SQL and scripting in R or python is a plus
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, and Spark) is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.