Our purpose is reimagining energy for people and our planet. We want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives. As part of our strategy, bp will leverage digital innovations and put customers at the heart of what we do whilst managing our data privacy and other technology-related risks.
A full-time data privacy advisor is needed within bp’s Central Data Privacy team (CDPT), which sits within the legal department, to assist bp in delivering its strategy by maintaing a best practice privacy compliance program.
CDPT maintains bp’s global privacy compliance framework. In doing so, CDPT advises on a range of data privacy matters, maintains a centralized library of policies, procedures, and guidance materials, leads central training and awareness programs, and supports a network of local privacy managers/coordinators across the organisation.
We are excited to add a new teammate to help us achieve our goals.
- Maintain bp’s global privacy program, including applicable policies, procedures, and guidance materials.
- Create and maintain a robust training and awareness program.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day advice on the application of bp’s privacy requirements.
- Support a network of local data privacy managers/coordinators across the organisation.
- Implementing and maintaining a portfolio of data privacy related tools and technology.
- A degree in a relevant discipline or a demonstrated ability to understand relevant data privacy related matters.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with privacy related matters, including the UK GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
- Experience maintaining a privacy compliance program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires engagement with businesses and support functions across bp.
- Relevant certifications such as IAPP CIPP/E or DPO.
- Experience advising multi-national organisations.
- Experience working in a large corporate environment.
- Prior experience implementing and maintaining data privacy related tools and sufficient associated technical capabilities.